1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poll: Help Name My Grey!

Discussion in 'African Grey Alley' started by Mariah Hughes, 6/13/18 at 6:46 AM.

?

What should I name my new African Grey?

1. Hajari

7.7%
  2. Hekima

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hoku

38.5%
  4. Uma

15.4%
  5. Zoya

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kaya

38.5%
  1. Mariah Hughes

Mariah Hughes Meeting neighbors

This Saturday, I am adopting my first Grey. Her current name is Molly, but I will be changing it. Please answer the poll with your favorites or suggest your own choices! I am especially partial to "H" names and African names. Thanks :)

Fergus Mom likes this.
  2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Michelle
    Congrats on your soon to be Grey! How old is she? If she's older, she may already know that her name is "Molly". Just something to keep in mind. Both my tiel and my 'too definitely knew/know their names.

Fergus Mom and Mariah Hughes like this.
  3. Mariah Hughes

She is 4. She may already know her name - I would be surprised if she doesn't - but my mom's dog is also named Molly and we watch her very, very frequently. I figure she will be very intrigued with the dog because of that, but we are hoping to change her name to avoid having two Mollys and because I'm not a huge fan of the name in the first place, haha

Fergus Mom and sunnysmom like this.
  4. Fia Baby

Fia Baby Sprinting down the street

Beth
    Maybe you can bridge the 2 names together for awhile to help her grow accustomed to the change. My mother also has an adopted dog named Molly Pearl. Her original name was "Miley" and she just couldn't keep that one, so she changed it to something close (just Molly at first) and it worked out just fine.

5. Mariah Hughes

That is exactly my plan. I will start by saying Molly combined with her new name each time I address her, and eventually I will drop the Molly. I will also be feeding her treats and lavishing her with praise while calling her her new name. I definitely don't want to put undue stress on her by addressing her by a new name from the get-go, but seeing as we will have her for a great many years, I want her name to be something that we can both enjoy. I'm a bit concerned about watching my mom's dog and her hearing me talking to the dog and getting confused or distressed!

And yeah, I don't blame her for not keeping the name Miley hahaha

Fia Baby, Fergus Mom and TikiMyn like this.
  6. Mariah Hughes

And the winner is: HOKU! thank you for voting! We are bringing her home TOMORROW!

7. Fergus Mom

Fergus Mom Jogging around the block I Can't Stop Posting!

Elly
    Oh wow - I just voted for Hoku a minute ago, so I guess you had already posted this. I can't wait to see pics of "Molly-Hoku"! Love the Hoku name.

Mariah Hughes, TikiMyn and rockoko like this.
  8. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Martine
    Yay that was my vote :D can't wait to see her!

Mariah Hughes, TikiMyn and Fergus Mom like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)