• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poisonous Foods, Metals & Compounds that effect birds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
This is a start but some birds can be effected by foods more than others...so you need to educate yourself on the type of birds you have and what they need...
High Oxalic acid foods need to be looked at for your bird (can be given is SMALL amount and not all the time with out a danger....but do reading on this subject...
This is an over-all list that will effect birds....
Birds n Ways - Poisonous Foods & Compounds

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for all your hard work BF:hug8:

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Great info guys.. Thank you and I have book marked both of them. Hug's Barbie and Isis

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Thank You I saved both:)

Peanut

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Denise
Great info! Printed off both sites, these are going to come in handy. Thanks!

tonyasb

Strolling the yard
I'm confused, that first link lists corn. It's in almost all bird foods.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I'm confused, that first link lists corn. It's in almost all bird foods.
Corn stored improperly will mold...Also there is information coming out all the time about GM corn/etc that is not in the public health's benefit....starting with this:
"When a German court ordered Monsanto to make public a controversial 90-day rat study on June 20, 2005, the data upheld claims by prominent scientists who said that animals fed the genetically modified (GM) corn developed extensive health effects in the blood, kidneys and liver and that humans eating the corn might be at risk."
Jeffrey Smith -- Genetically Modified Corn Study Reveals Health Damage & Cover-Up
Some of the bird food companies are now eliminating corn from their products...:hug8:

tonyasb

Strolling the yard
Well GM foods are complete other matter, a scary one. If you want more info on GM foods you should check out the documentary The Future of Food. If you have Netflix you can see it on their Watch Instantly section.

Gloria

Moving in
Can you tell me if there are any types of candles that are non toxic to African Greys?:huh:

sinkmybatlship

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aidan
Are cleaning product fumes bad for birds or is it that they shouldn't eat them (Duh)??

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Are cleaning product fumes bad for birds or is it that they shouldn't eat them (Duh)??
Both :) their respritory systems are so sensitive that harsh chemicals can be very hard on them. I use F10 (veterinary disinfectant) or vinegar/water. I do use cleaners in my bathroom, but make sure it's heavily ventilated and the birds are at the other end of the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.