• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*Poi Roll Call!*~

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
JIm, I we are not laughing at you hon. It is an honest mistake. :hug8:

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Now that I got them, I can upload pics of Zorro and Zander. They were hatched April 3 and 5, respectively. They were 14 weeks old when they came to us. They are now very socialized.

0718121940a.jpg 0718121936a.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine

munstersmom

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kirsten
I can't believe I never introduced Munny on here! :(

I found Munny at a local bird store that re-homes older unwanted birds. I had been thinking about getting a parrot for months but couldn't decide between a cockatiel, senegal or meyers. Once I saw Munny though I knew he was the one for me! I was told he was DNA'ed male and was 3 years old. His name was Chester then but he didn't respond to it. I renamed him because I figured new life, new name. He started saying his new name Munny recently. ;) Anyway I could not imagine life without him now. He brings me so much joy and I only hope I do the same for him. :heart:

Munny LOVES taking showers with me.

He also likes to sit on my Macbook and watch TV.

He hates his pirate ship playstand unfortunately. :(

Mango carrot face :lol:

Perryberry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hi there. I'm new here so I still need pics, but I have a brown necked cape Perry. He hatched 5/18/12. We got him on 8/30 from Maggie at wing nuts aviary in Indiana. He's a great little guy with a huge personality. Even at 3 months old he was very opinionated!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Hi there. I'm new here so I still need pics, but I have a brown necked cape Perry. He hatched 5/18/12. We got him on 8/30 from Maggie at wing nuts aviary in Indiana. He's a great little guy with a huge personality. Even at 3 months old he was very opinionated!
Welcome to the Avenue!
Can't wait to see pictures of your little Perry :)
And opinionated defintively describes Capes, :lol:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Oh and I wonder if your Perry would happen to be the little boy that was part of the clutch of two other Capes here - Willow and Holly! I think they were also hatched last May and also came from Maggie...

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
My little girl Mali came from Maggie as well. Do you know Perry's parents' names? They might be siblings!

Congratulations on Perry! Can't wait to see photos!

Perryberry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I'm not sure if Perry was with the two other girls? I inquired about him at the end of August, and he was the only baby available. It was kind of hard to get a hold of Maggie, then i finally did and everything happened so fast. I'm not sure who his parents where either. I didn't know Maggie had more than one breeding pair. Mali is beautiful, I hope they're related! I have two questions for anyone that might have a little input. First are your capes nippy? I wouldn't say Perry is aggressive, but he sure is beaky. I'm not sure if he is teething, or just players very rough. You always read how sweet they are, well he is when he is tired. When he's up he is hyper, and doesn't want to be scratched or messed with. Another question is does anyones cape drool? Perry has drips coming out of his beak right before he falls asleep, and a dry spot on his paper under him in the morning. He is sure a little clown though! Hanging off his stand and loves to be swung. All in all I can't resist his eyes and I'm crazy over him.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm not sure if Perry was with the two other girls? I inquired about him at the end of August, and he was the only baby available. It was kind of hard to get a hold of Maggie, then i finally did and everything happened so fast. I'm not sure who his parents where either. I didn't know Maggie had more than one breeding pair. Mali is beautiful, I hope they're related! I have two questions for anyone that might have a little input. First are your capes nippy? I wouldn't say Perry is aggressive, but he sure is beaky. I'm not sure if he is teething, or just players very rough. You always read how sweet they are, well he is when he is tired. When he's up he is hyper, and doesn't want to be scratched or messed with. Another question is does anyones cape drool? Perry has drips coming out of his beak right before he falls asleep, and a dry spot on his paper under him in the morning. He is sure a little clown though! Hanging off his stand and loves to be swung. All in all I can't resist his eyes and I'm crazy over him.

Maggie did have two breeding pairs when Mali came home (almost a year and half ago), but I'm not sure about any more. One pair she was just starting to breed at that time.

Yes, capes drool! Funny, isn't it?!

Mali does play with her beak (and did when she was a baby), but she never bites, or uses any pressure. I wouldn't call her beaky. Perry's just a baby and testing his boundaries and sometimes playing. You can work on it now to combat the beaky-ness - especially before he reaches the hormonal stage!

Capes sure are lovable!

illuminati

Walking the driveway
Hi!!! I've been around for a little while and posted a couple times but never really introduced myself and my bird... My name is Zac and I'm 21yo located in VA...

I have a 5 month old female Brown Head named Money...I also have a English Springer Spaniel named Cash and a Irish Setter named Mindy..

photo.jpg photo (4).jpg