• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plum headed keet

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
hello, I was wondering if anybody has a plum headed parakeet, or has had one before?
What's there personality, how loud are they, care, etc
Thanks

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@alshgs owns a plum headed parakeet. Their care is the same as for Indian ring necked parakeets.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Sorry for the delay, school has had my kids busy this week. I have a male, who is close to turning two. Their care is very similar to Indian ringnecks, and so is their personality (from what I’ve seen) Tuki is extremely sweet, loves to be on my shoulder and loves to eat, however be aware that this species does not like to be petted. So if you’re after them for affection, you won’t get it in the “cuddly” sense so to speak. But that doesn’t mean they won’t give you affection. Tuki is very sweet and loves kisses. They generally aren’t loud, but Tuki does have constant “talking” as I call it, because he has some weird sounds that he makes. If you have any more specific questions, just ask :) I chose a male for their color, and it sure is coming in beautifully. Like I said, he will be two next month, and I’ve had him since he was 5 months

RyleeRae

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rylee brinkerhoff
Thanks so much! @alshags