• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plum Head Parakeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexy52

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Denise
when i was young i had an enourmous bird book and i always liked the Plum Head Parakeet. As i got older i never looked further into that species and always assumed it was a type of Ringneck. i recently saw pictures of one and being reminded of how much i liked them when i was little, i started to research them. my heart races everytime i see a picture of one. they are so beautiful yet so little. however, there is a reason i have never seen one in person, because these birds are rather difficult to find. does anyone know of any Plum Head Breeders anywhere in the united states? ive been looking and looking and i would love to have a small parrot around with me from time to time. sometimes my big terodactyle sized macaws cant be taken everywhere i'd like and we like to have our little parrots out like our conures and cockatiels when watching movies and such. there's a time for everyone! and i have a big empty cage since im always hoarding emergency cages and i wouldnt mind adding a Plum Head Parakeet to my family. anyone on AA have one or know where to find one? im a bit funny about shipping birds as ive been scammed once already so i preffer it to be in the US. i'd LIKE to pick one up but if i must, maybe someone could recommend someone to me that i can trust with shipping? thanks :)

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Hi Denise - I got Schubert in Englewood FL from this breeder: http://babyexoticbirds.com/home.
I believe at the time they had plum heads but not sure about now (it was 5 years ago).
Good luck finding one, they're beautiful!

Mexy52

Real Name
Denise
oh yay. that's not a bad drive considering i'm willing to drive quite a few states. i will check with them :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Mexy52

Real Name
Denise
yeah when i got scammed it was an add in Washington State. i was willing to drive up to pick up the macaw and he sent me pictures of "him" and his birds. all were the same pictures as the living room set ups were the same and it was the same person. little did i know this person was in the Camaroons. long story short they got me for $500 which was a deposit. i didnt feel comfortable with it but my bf convinced me. i eventually started to feel too suspiscious and my bf is too gullable. i put the phone# in google and it came up as an unknown location in Arizona. then he gave me a Georgia phone# on top of his Arizona phone#. yeah it was a huge mess. i reported his info but considering he's in the camaroons he'll never get caught. the sad part about it, when i got the chance to speak to him, i could hear the other people in the background most likely scamming other ppl like me. when i looked up his phone# on google (which was an american phone# somehow) he was also on Christianmingle.com posing as a person wanting a relationship, he also posed as someone who sold oil. also posed as someone selling cute puppies birds kittens etc. he was all over the place. it's sad.

Last edited:

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
WOW! That is scary stuff!

Sorry about the breeder no longer breeding plumheads. I haven't seen one for sale in ages. :(

yeah when i got scammed it was an add in Washington State. i was willing to drive up to pick up the macaw and he sent me pictures of "him" and his birds. all were the same pictures as the living room set ups were the same and it was the same person. little did i know this person was in the Camaroons. long story short they got me for $500 which was a deposit. i didnt feel comfortable with it but my bf convinced me. i eventually started to feel too suspiscious and my bf is too gullable. i put the phone# in google and it came up as an unknown location in Arizona. then he gave me a Georgia phone# on top of his Arizona phone#. yeah it was a huge mess. i reported his info but considering he's in the camaroons he'll never get caught. the sad part about it, when i got the chance to speak to him, i could hear the other people in the background most likely scamming other ppl like me. when i looked up his phone# on google (which was an american phone# somehow) he was also on Christianmingle.com posing as a person wanting a relationship, he also posed as someone who sold oil. also posed as someone selling cute puppies birds kittens etc. he was all over the place. it's sad.

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Sorry to hear they don't have plumheads - guess that's not what I saw back then (I had never even seen a moustache before I saw and got Schubie-doo).

Status
Not open for further replies.