• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

P'let bonding question

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
It seems that certain species of birds will get along with others of their species easier than others, budgies for example. I was wondering if p'lets are the that way?
I realize all are individuals so it'd be hard to know for sure :bored:
My male p'let wants so badly for my GCC to love him but she will have nothing to do with him. When they are out together, supervised of course, he has to be where she is & follows her around (just far enough behind that she can't reach him) & chirps to her, regurgitates for her, but she gets annoyed by him & just chases him off. I'm considering another p'let friend for him, most likely another male & a rescue would be my preference (Are there many p'let rehomes?) Any advice would be appreciated. I'm just starting to research this & thought I'd ask here for starters :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I don't know...all you can do is try the rescues ad look on craigslist...I doknow that parottlets do very well with a companion...but beware of course you know that any birdie you get may or may not get along with your little one so that is a guessing game.... @JudiNH @Jeddy

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Every bird is different, but my two plets do not get along with each other, or with any of the other birds in the house. They are VERY territorial and aggressive towards other birds. It would never work here. But, Im sure there are some that can get along. It is a gamble.

Trinity23

Real Name
Heather
I think getting another one would be fine. I know Pickles wants to be friends with the 'tiel girls but they just tolerate him. I would say separate cages if you do get another p'let because they are very territorial little critters. Overall, I can have the 'tiels and Pickles sharing food from the same plate under supervision and they get along.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Bodie prefers being the only parrotlet in the house .

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
Thanks that's good insight! Peek is very aggressive over certain things & some of my kids but it all goes away if Ivy is in the picture. I wonder if it's possible he's already bonded to her & wouldn't put up with another bird?

lindaV

Moving in
Real Name
linda valletti
I think there is a cage that is divided with two separate sides, so two birds can be in one cage. It may be a breeding cage. Not sure, go online to find one. Each bird needs it's own space. :cool: