1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please Help!

Discussion in 'Conure Court' started by NikkiCat, 5/15/18.

1. NikkiCat

NikkiCat Sprinting down the street Avenue Veteran

Nicole
    Thank you! :hug8:Sometimes I think he does like me, but other times I wonder if I’m pushing him too hard.

faislaq likes this.
  2. NikkiCat

Nicole
    I’m glad I’m not the only one! And I can just imagine the cockatoo noise. :lol:

sunnysmom, d_msparkles and faislaq like this.
  3. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    Honestly - you probably are expecting too much too fast. It's just the way we are. Birds, on the other hand, have a different time schedule. Theirs is slow and easy, we have all the time in the world. :)

NikkiCat and faislaq like this.
  4. NikkiCat

Nicole

That was last night. Tonight I kept him in the bird room instead of taking him into the bedroom like I did above. He was a lot less willing to get in the cage tonight (just put him to bed) and likes to escape up my shoulder. I kept him on my hands as much as I could and saw him preen, beak grind and yawn. He still screams a lot. Especially when either me or my boyfriend leaves the room. He is always talking which I honestly didn’t anticipate. I stopped doing what I did in the video because I thought it made him bite too much and thought maybe he’s telling me to back off. I was trying to keep him calmer tonight. He does try to go on my shoulder/neck sometimes but I feel there’s some mixed signals going on.

Last edited: 5/16/18
    Ninna and DoubleTake like this.
  5. nu2birds

nu2birds Jogging around the block

Kurt
    Seems like you are doing all the right things, to me. His behaviors, in my opinion, are showing that he likes you. But I totally hear what you are saying. I brought my Lovebirds home last July...........I didn't expect myself to become as anxious as I did over the same concerns you had. Am I doing everything right, are my birds happy, etc. I only expected to be happy and have fun with them. But I was a totally new bird owner so all of a sudden I panicked. But now almost a year later, my birds are fine and happy and I am much more relaxed. You'll do just fine!! You already are.

NikkiCat and d_msparkles like this.
  6. NikkiCat

Nicole
    Thank you. I’m certainly glad I’m not the only one with anxiety over a new bird. Mine happens as soon as I wake up. I have a panic attack where I can’t breathe, and I feel like crying. I also can’t eat. My stomach is in knots and hurts. I’m hoping I get over it soon.
    Is it normal for them to talk constantly? I feel like he never stops. Ironically I got him because I heard they were quiet. I definitely expected noise and knew birds made it but I never knew he would make noise every 3 seconds. Is that normal for these guys?
    He also doesn’t play with any toys and wants to be on me constantly. If I have to do anything he tries to hold on and when I put him down he screams until I come back. He also screams if my bf leaves the room.

Last edited: 5/17/18

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)