• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please help.. something wrong with birds beak

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm all for the being pushy and I'm all down for "I don't care how I look please just take a look at my baby" no matter what. I've posted in another thread...I have no humility, pride, anything if it means the health of a family member. I've cashed large CD's out of date and taken hits so my babies can have surgeries or treatments. They will see you.

Keep in touch with them afterwards if you like them. Most often, once they get to know you, they will bend over backwards for you. I've scooped poop on my finger and driven down and insisted they look at it right away. I think back and blush (I must have looked nuts) but I felt better knowing he was okay. That's all I cared about.
:embarassed: I'm sure that there's a section on poop if you look for it in the AA forums - :ashamed3: we're probably the only pet parents who measure, photograph and discuss our birds' poops. Things that would make most other pet parents blush ... :zipped1:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
we're probably the only pet parents who measure, photograph and discuss our birds' poops.
No in fact horse people are the same. The first thing to do in the morning is to look at their poop and find out how their night have been.
Horses are so sensitive so to look at their poop is the best thing to do. And what to do if they get really sick and get diarrhea. You probe? them another horse, poop.
To give them back their bacterial culture that is very important to a horse. And horses do dies from colic. And foals eat moms poop to get a functional bacterial culture.
And after a deworming you use a spoon to see how many worms they have. And also before that you collect poop in a bag and send it to a vet station to find out if you need to deworming or not.
So yes, horse or bird poop will never bother me. (grass eater, pretty "clean" poop)

And I'm sorry, now we really are OT!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
No in fact horse people are the same. The first thing to do in the morning is to look at their poop and find out how their night have been.
Horses are so sensitive so to look at their poop is the best thing to do. And what to do if they get really sick and get diarrhea. You probe? them another horse, poop.
To give them back their bacterial culture that is very important to a horse. And horses do dies from colic. And foals eat moms poop to get a functional bacterial culture.
And after a deworming you use a spoon to see how many worms they have. And also before that you collect poop in a bag and send it to a vet station to find out if you need to deworming or not.
So yes, horse or bird poop will never bother me. (grass eater, pretty "clean" poop)

And I'm sorry, now we really are OT!
I did an hour long video called the Poop Talk!

Does that make me weird?
I didn't know that about horses but if you think about it, that applies to cats and dogs as well as most domestic animals. As for the poop video, no it doesn't make you weird, it just identifies you as a parront.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm sorry your bird has an injured beak, and I hope you can get him into the vets soon. Keep us posted please!
:sadhug2: