• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please help! Respiratory and sinus confusion

Windy

Moving in
I have been sick all week with a sinus infection/ or respiratory infection. I'm not sure, the doctor mentioned both so I think I have it all. Anyway, I've looked on Google and got mixed response on whether I can pass this to my conure. Online says there are only a few things that can be passed to them, but the lady I got him from says he could catch it. Does anyone know the for sure answer?

He s been kinda sneezy lately, so I'm paranoid. Though he was kinda sneezy before I got sick anyway. Otherwise he's completely fine, eating, drinking and playing normally. Am I just being an overprotective bird mom? He's my only bird and I worry for him.

Thank you

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Don't think he will catch it, birds don't get colds and things from us, but do make sure to wash your hands before handling him, or his things. They will sneeze while preening, if there's dust in the air, or there's low humidity .

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Anything that is viral usually can't be passed to a different species. Something bacterial, there is a risk of passing it on to your bird. I hope you feel better.