• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please Help 911.....

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So sorry!

And you don't know what happened, and this was in his cage?
You must try hard to find the reason so it's not happen again.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Did he go to the Dr yet?
No ...his Dr wasn't in today ...no avian Dr was in today ...so I have to wait till tomorrow :(

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry!

And you don't know what happened, and this was in his cage?
You must try hard to find the reason so it's not happen again.
His nails were abit long I think he caught it on his dish holder in between his dish and holder because there was a huge drop of blood there and he was nowhere near there when I looked up from the computer ...and there is just nothing else :bash:

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
I believe it is very common for birds to lose toes. Carmen my parrotlet is missing her left big one. Just the nail part and she does fine. The only think I ever worry about his how much pain they must be in. I don't know what I would do but keeping him happy is all I can think of and you are the perfect person for Tyrion. He'd rather be with you than anyone else.

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
Let us know what the vet said and did please! I'm glad he's okay. Poor Lil guy! My bird lost a nail by breaking it off and another nail is crooked. I'm not sure what he did but he never seemed to be in pain or bothered by it.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So went to the vet today and had Tyrion seen ...She said he was one of the nicest Greys she has ever seen first of all but she always says this about my boy ...she looks at his toe and is very happy with it ...she gave him Baytril and Metacam for 10 - 14 days ...he is syringe trained so he took his medication after supper like a lil trooper and should be fine ...I'm so glad :)

20180121_185139.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So went to the vet today and had Tyrion seen ...She said he was one of the nicest Greys she has ever seen first of all but she always says this about my boy ...she looks at his toe and is very happy with it ...she gave him Baytril and Metacam for 10 - 14 days ...he is syringe trained so he took his medication after supper like a lil trooper and should be fine ...I'm so glad :)

View attachment 266294

Now he matches BScoot’s toe .. the nail had to be amputated due to breaking in a fall.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so glad he’s going to be okay!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad he is going to be OK. Lucy was missing toenails when I got her and Scully lost a toenail after being injured perhaps by his brother. Wasn't home when it happened but I'm guessing that they may have had a minor squabble.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Yay! He's okay! So relieved. Was really worried about him. I know Carmen has one missing but it was missing before I got her. The avian vet says it's pretty common. Thank you for updating us! So glad!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That toe looks much better than your original post..he's got " street worth" now...:roflmao:..good boy Tyrion,,take your meds.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Come to think of it, Sherbie's toe injury was on her left, too, though hers was the inner toe.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So we have run into a lil snag with Tyrion and his meds ...though he takes the syringe well he spits/drops out the meds out of his beak as soon as they hit his tongue ...so I dont think he is getting any in his system ...he is doing really well no problems at all ..eating and drinking well ..stool is normal ..toe looks great ..he just doesnt want those nasty meds in him ...so what do I do any hints /tricks to get him to swallow ..lol :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
So we have run into a lil snag with Tyrion and his meds ...though he takes the syringe well he spits/drops out the meds out of his beak as soon as they hit his tongue ...so I dont think he is getting any in his system ...he is doing really well no problems at all ..eating and drinking well ..stool is normal ..toe looks great ..he just doesnt want those nasty meds in him ...so what do I do any hints /tricks to get him to swallow ..lol :)
I mix mine with unsweetened applesauce or baby food. Rupert hasn't refused it yet.