• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please have them in your thoughts

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
good heavens now I've seen everything!
what a special girl and a special mom

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
So cute! Happy 90 days, little Saya! :xflove:

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
How ever did you get her to be still long enough to snap that picture?!

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
This week on Days of our Saya and Co. Lives:

Im testing the protein and amino levels on rate of development in zebra finches (control groups and 2 variable groups, one increasing proteins by 5% and one by 10% ).
Needless to say: This is Bunny. (hate the name- it just stuck because it was a valentines day hatching).
Bunny is a test tube baby- just like Saya (without all the issues, this was all planned).

Zebra Finches are VERY particular on the looks and sounds of their mates. If she was opposed to the creams- then maybe she will like black- a black baby who makes the same 'kissy' noises that I do. Bunny's parents are black face, blackbreasted/blackcheek.

Saya doesnt know what to think of this tiny dark thing- I think she believes it may be a makeup brush (which is plays with in the morning when I get ready because she is a house bird, haha). I am taking EXTRA special time with bunny. Secluded from all other birds except Saya, exposure to home, cleaning rituals/preening and song workshops with me.

In a matter of days (when this bird fledges), they will have their first real 'encounter'. Wish them luck!

Here are the images of Bunny:
Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 7.50.21 AM.png

Here are Bunny's parents:
black face black breasted.png

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Beautiful

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
What a cute little makeup brush ;). I hope that they like each other. Thanks for the updates. Says has come so far!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy 90 days to Saya. So cooperative to let you put that little hat on her. She just gets cuter and cuter.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:ygg: Happy, happy day, congrats

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Funny little buggers, great to see Saya finally accepted a friend and they seem to be having a grand time together attacking and beating up on the tissue shred:heart::hug8::dance4:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Your zebra finches are so beautiful, healthy looking and so adorable. I am suprised at how rounded their chests are and how poofy they are. I wish the zebra finches around thi sarea were not all inbred. I have only had a handful of them that were store bought that were as beautifully feathers and body condition as yours.

I was actually contemplating on getting a pair of my favorite zebra finches, Isabella or Chestnut flanked as they're called in florida. But my boyfriend doesnt like the constant meep meep or the chirps of that of a small bird, which is unfortunate. It would probably drive him crazy. I am lucky enough that the loud obnoxious humanlike baby cries my cockatoos and macaw make are fine on his ear drums.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cute! Hope your feeling better.

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Aww. The little 'beep' sounds they make are so adorable! :) That video brightened my day too. I hope you feel better!

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
you know, I turned on the video and I'm thinking why can't I hear them beeping, it is always so cute......well I had things muted and I fixed it so I could hear.
I am glad they are friends now, and sweeties like them are great company when you just want to lay there and get better.

KnittingAnarchy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Monica
Oh my gosh, your finches are BEAUTIFUL. I had no idea you could hand tame finches....