• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Places To Go

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
I was wondering if anyone knew places you could take birds? My boy Echo loves to go out but so far I only take him to the park and to Petsmart. I was wondering if anyone knows of any places that are bird friendly!

He's harnessed trained so he wouldn't be flying around (he doesn't fly anyways). It's been cold so I can't take him to the park, and the Petsmart is pretty chaotic so I'd like somewhere to take him besides there.

Thank you!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Pretty much where-ever you can take dogs, you can generally take birds. Be sure to bring along some wet wipes or tissues to clean up messes, though!

Ideas could include hardware stores or the little cafes or coffee shops with outside sitting areas. (may not be able to bring them in, but sit outside with them)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton goes with me to the bank all the time. He also goes to the laundromat and car dealer with us...and schools and extended care facilities, of course.
The most unusual place Milty has ever been is to the local blood bank...he even got to participate in a fire drill while we were there! We will even involved in a "lock-down" situation at a school we were visiting many years ago. He did help calm the students while the situation was going on.

Like @Monica said, you want to make sure you take a "clean-up" kit along with you...you want to leave behind nothing but smiles...:)