• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pit Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
My son came across a pit bull puppy who was being put out in the street, and he brought her home. She had been abused and was terrified of people. When he got her out of his car to bring her in the house, she ran away. I called the shelter and reported her missing. 10 days later, she was brought in by someone in our general vicinity. She was covered with ticks and was even thinner than before. It was on a week-end, and I couldn't go pick her up till an Animal Control Officer was in because I had no papers to prove she was mine. After he talked with me, he released her to me, but I did have to pay for her boarding, and I got a notice to get her a license and a rabies vaccine.

Emily is adorable -- around 7 months old. She is still scared -- especially of men. I have to take her to a dog dentist because she bit off her bottom front teeth to the inside sensitive part trying to get loose from a chain or a crate. They may be able to seal the teeth to save them.

My vet is going to help in finding a home for her. On Thursday night, we noticed that Emily and Max, another dog, were both coughing. By the time I got them to the vet on Sat, Max was very sick -- almost to the point of having to be hospitalized. They're both in quarantine for 7 days -- and I have to give them their meds twice a day.

Molly (another dog) had hip replacement surgery, and she is separated from the others. She is in the bird room. I have to do physical therapy with her 2 - 3 times a day and walk her twice a day.

I need more hours in the day!!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Oh Barb..how sad. Thank you for rescuing this precious baby.I hope he finds the perfect home.:hug8:

MollyMouse

I hope Max gets better Barb :hug8: It sounds like you have had alot to deal with. I hope that Emily finds a loving home.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor little dollie....thank you for taking her in.....:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Barb, thank you for all you do for these forgotten animals. This Veterinarian specializes in dental care of dogs. He is fantastic! Ira Luskin - Pipl Profile

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
Barb, you are so wonderful for taking her in. I hope all 3 of your dogs are well soon! :hug8:

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Thank you for your kind words, everyone! :)
Judy, I've already used a "doggie dentist" in Gaithersburg when one of my Rotties had to get a root canal. (Yes, a root canal!) If this dentist says that he can't save Emily's teeth, I'll make an appt with your dentist.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Poor little puppy....thank you for taking this pup in! :hug8:

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name