• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pip and Avo Update!

Coelle

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicole
*Warning!! Text, image and cuteness overload incoming*

Just wanted to post a little update of Pip and Avo! In my last post (awhile ago), Pip and Avo hadn't met yet since Avo was still in quarantine. Well they've met now, and honestly, it was instant love. After the quarantine period was over, I moved Avo's cage into the living room where Pip lives, so they could see and get use to each other. Avo was super interested in Pip, Pip on the other hand, didn't seem to realize Avo was even there. So after about a day of this, I decided to let them both out of their cages at the same time, fairly confident that if anything bad happened I could intervene. Pip came out first since he's very use to being free in the house and flew up to play in the blinds (one if his favorite spots). After a couple of minutes Avo conquered his apprehension and flew up to greet my little Pipster.

IMG_20180825_161556.jpg

After this little meeting on the blinds Avo flew over and landed on the door of Pip's cage (which I was slightly nervous of since I had no idea how Pip would take this new strange bird touching his stuff). Pip flew over to sit with him and immediately started regurgitating for Avo and began preening him.

IMG_20180825_162704.jpg
IMG_20180825_164514.jpg
IMG_20180825_164347.jpg

Avo then promptly jumped into Pip's cage and they snuggled up and took a nap together.

IMG_20180825_171513.jpg
Do now they live together and are super in love. Since Avo came, Pip has absolutely lit up. He was never unhappy before (to the best of my knowledge) but ever since Avo got here Pip is just the happiest little budgie he could ever be.

Best decision I've ever made! :heart:

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

lyx

Sprinting down the street
How sweet :heart:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh these photos are just so so cute! Reminds me of when I introduced mine, and the happy twittering, preening, and playing that ensued. It's so special to see them bond with another bird and the closeness they share! I'm so glad you are happy, and they are too. :fairy::fairy2::joyful:

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Awwwww!!!! It even looks like they were trying to close the blinds for some extra privacy! :hehe: But in all seriousness, budgies are "professional socializers" and love to spend time with their flock, so I'm glad to hear they finally got to meet! Here's to a wonderful budding friendship!

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
aww love the cute pics !