1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pinapple Green Cheeks

Discussion in 'Comment Court' started by Sunni's Mom, 3/29/18.

1. Sunni's Mom

Sunni's Mom Meeting neighbors

Hi everyone, can anyone give me advise on introducing a new pineapple green cheek conure to Sunni my sun conure. Is or isn't it a good idea?

Nacho&Tequila likes this.
  2. SquawksNibbles

SquawksNibbles Rollerblading along the road

Kiera
    You can try, but you have to be prepared in case they just do not get along. Do you have enough time to spend with each one if they just don't like each other and can't even be near each other?

If they seem to be getting along and there are no fights, they can for sure interact with each other while out of the cage, but I would not house them together, even if they seem to be doing OK.

Have you done a proper quarantine before bringing the new bird in to your home?

3. Sunni's Mom

Sunni's Mom Meeting neighbors

I haven't gotten him or her yet, just a thought right now, and wanted some advice and a point of view Yes I have the time, thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

4. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Wendy
    :bump4:

5. DavyG

DavyG Strolling the yard

Here has been my experience.

I have a one-year-old Pineapple (Tweetz) that is super loving to me and even clingy. And around 3 weeks ago, I got a three-month-old (so four month old now) Black-Cap (DD), I have him sort of stick trained.

They both have their own cages (very important) and when in their cages they seem to ignore each other. I've only had them out of their cages at the same time once and again they ignored each other, but any time Tweetz lands on or jumps on DD's cage there is HE double hockey sticks to pay. They start snapping at each other through the bars, but I am quick to get in the way so I am the only one to get hurt.

Sunni's Mom likes this.
  6. LSA

LSA Strolling the yard

Leslie Albright
    Chloe was a Pineapple, so excuse my tears. I'm adopting a GCC and Sun in June. All of my research says that they definitely need separate living quarters and lots of toys. However, a gym on the Pineapple's cage will incite interaction. They will need separate sleeping quarters. It'll be two of most everything. Start with their cages in the same room, then SLOWLY move them side by side as they get more comfortable with one another.
    Don't be surprised when the sweet and quieter Pineapple starts screeching loudly. It has another conure to compete with.
    Also, be prepared for the bird wars. Even if they seem friendly, they'll each expect private time. They'll compete for your affection, so show no preference. Put a training perch in a separate room that's only available one at a time as a treat. Be sure to clicker-train both and to treat them as equals.
    Make sure you allow for quarantine and familiarity periods.

Sunni's Mom likes this.
  7. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative Vendor

Chandra
    Just a word of warning...I do see a lot of buddies like these but a sun conure beak is large enough and forceful enough to maim a cheekie. Just be extra cautious and always aware.

Sunni's Mom likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)