• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Picking up a bird at the airport?

Small farm

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Braydon
If I was to get a baby macaw shipped to me through the airport, where would I pick it up?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I picked up Jaden at the airport I had to go to the cargo area. However at some airports you may have to pick up in the baggage area.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
The breeder will tell you where to pick it up, but it’s usually the airline’s baggage office. Get there a little early and find a worker. They’ll tell you exactly where to go.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Here it is always a small separate cargo pickup area. The building is on airport property but spectated from the regular airport traffic which is nice.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Usually the cargo area but I would imagine that it would depend on the size of the airport.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I had to go to the baggage claim area. Around the baggage claim area, they had each airlines lost baggage offices and where they take shipments if you aren't boarding the flight yourself.

I didn't actually *have* to be in the office though... just waited in the baggage claim area, and when the bird I was picking up was bring brought in, I could hear her out on the terminal! Left with some hilarious remarks, though... :)

Cage Setup for one RTC | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum