• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Phoenix

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She's home!!! :dance4: Got here late last night, was a stressful evening but after a long night's sleep Phoenix seems to be settling in well. This morning she's attentive, talkative and interested in all that goes on around her. She is clipped unfortunately and that means she relies on me to transport her wherever she wants to go, so stepping up has happened often and easily (when she feels like it though; if she's on her cage and doesn't want to leave she first does this little squeak and then she'll hiss/threaten). She's already traveled around the house on my hand; she tells me where she wants to go and I happily oblige. :swoon: She asks for scritches and I've even received a couple kisses already. :xflove: She's quite a bird.

Sorry for the awful picture quality. You're just gonna have to take my word for how gorgeous she is in rl :heart: WIN_20191017_11_37_19_Pro.jpg WIN_20191017_11_36_15_Pro.jpg WIN_20191017_11_37_00_Pro.jpg WIN_20191017_11_37_16_Pro.jpg WIN_20191017_11_37_26_Pro.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
She is gorgeous. Welcome home Phoenix.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:heart:Aw, she’s beautiful, and it’s great she’s settling in so well already. Congratulations!:starshower1:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a beautiful girl. Cinnamon Pearl? She looks a lot like my Grahamy.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:heart:Aw, she’s beautiful, and it’s great she’s settling in so well already. Congratulations!:starshower1:
Thank you, I'm so thrilled with how well she's doing. I know we will probably still go through many changes in the future but it's a relief seeing her so happy and inquisitive on her first day home.

What a beautiful girl. Cinnamon Pearl? She looks a lot like my Grahamy.
Yes! She does look a lot like him! :xflove:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Phoenix! :starshower1:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you, I'm so thrilled with how well she's doing. I know we will probably still go through many changes in the future but it's a relief seeing her so happy and inquisitive on her first day home.

Yes! She does look a lot like him! :xflove:

Grahamy is a girl. I was told when I got her by the breeder that he was about 75% sure she was a boy so I named her Graham. After I realized she was a girl I started calling her Grahamy.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You have a lovely bird there. I pains me so to see people cut flight feather from any bird.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You have a lovely bird there. I pains me so to see people cut flight feather from any bird.
Yes, it's really sad to see; very unatural, somehow, for a bird to not be able to fly. Not something I'm used to as I haven't even been around many clipped birds. I'm just looking forward to when she gets her flight feathers back and can be a "real bird" again.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations!

Our only complication so far is when she begs for scritches but gets worried and upset when my hand appears to do her bidding. We have found a work-around for this serious problem: she now receives scritches/kisses with my nose/mouth when she has deemed my hand offensive. :D But it doesn't take her long to realize that they're not as good as finger scritches so then she allows the hand back into her presence. I love her :laugh: She's definitely something else.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's very pretty!