• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Phoenix Landing Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I just saw this post from my vet and thought I'd share.

"BIRDS IN NEED ARE FRIENDS INDEED

The Exotic Bird Hospital works with Phoenix Landing Organization to try to assist them in their quest to find loving homes and provide needed medical care. We wanted to post on behalf of Phoenix Landing because there is a need for both foster homes (provide temporary care with all costs covered by Phoenix Landing until a permanent home is found) and adopters, who make a bird permanently part of their families.

Pheonix Landing currently needs a foster or adopter for a Blue and Gold Macaw named Ramon and a pair of Turacos (beautiful and rarely available.) Birds that are in foster but are still looking for permanent families to be part of include: a Green Cheek mutation named Pearl and a bonded pair who need to stay together named Oberst (Green Cheek) and Marnie (Sun Conure.)

Several of our staff members have fostered birds and enjoy being a part of their lives and helping them to transition to new homes. The bird in the video and the pics in comments is a Phoenix Landing bird named Louie who temporarily stayed with Heather, one of our vet techs. She really had a good time with Louie and even her husband, who is normally afraid of her own birds (Amazons, lol), liked having him as a guest. Louie currently has an adoption pending, but it has not been finalized yet.

If you think you could be interested in fostering or adopting, we are including a link in the comments to the Phoenix Landing website where you can fill out an application. Also, if you haven’t yet, please come to one of our parrot behavior classes. They are a requirement for fostering or adopting, and they are very fun and informative.

Our next class is this Sunday in our lobby at 1:00pm, and we still have space available. Comment here, message us or give us a call if you would like to register for the class.

If you are unable to foster or adopt, you can help us a lot simply by sharing this post, and as always, we appreciate all of your help!"

Adoption - Phoenix Landing™ Helping Parrots

Phoenix Landing covers the following areas:
Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, and Northeast Florida

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Phoenix Landing does outstanding work....:)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Is Dr. Rhoda Stevenson your vet?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
My vet and I consult with her. I’ve spoken to her several times. She’s really knowledgeable and compassionate
Honestly I love all the staff at the hospital... I can't tell you what a relief it is to know they're in good hands. Where I used to live, the only Avian Vet we'd had moved away.

Status
Not open for further replies.