• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petflow.com

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has anyone ever purchased from petflow.com and, if so, what was your experience? Feed store is having a 15% off sale but with tax and cost of gas not a big savings for me plus I'm still not feeling 100% and don't really want to drive over there. They also stopped carrying the Fromm treats. As a new customer I can get $10 off at petflow and free shipping when purchase is over $49. I am purchasing Fromm dog food and it's $$$$. Chewy used to sell it but when Petsmart bought Chewy (even though I've been told they only purchased 30% of the company) Fromm discontinued using them as a retailer. My other source would be gofromm but the $10 savings at petflow would be nice. However poor customer support or lack of expedient shipping is not nice. I've read some reviews and there are negatives and positives and many complaints are about their auto shipping which I am not planning on doing. I know that Chewy will always take care of issues and replace or give refunds for products that arrive damaged.

I am still considering just driving to the feed store because the 15% off includes everything in the store although I don't think I need much of anything else besides the dog food.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have used them a couple times without issues. They also said they "won't" cancel the autoship through email but they did for me when I explained my anxiety.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you. How was their shipping? If I order I don't want something sitting in a hot warehouse or truck for a week. I put stuff in the cart and then it set it up for autoship but I turned that off.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's been a few years but I recall getting the order within 2-3 days

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it comparable to Chewy? I was so disappointed when Chewy stopped selling Fromm but I still order other items from Chewy. When I order from Chewy I usually get the product the next day or within 2 days.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My chewy is always here on Day 2 because I am not close enough for next day. I looked and my last shipment from Petflow was shipped same day and I got it 2 days later. It is comparable; I need stuff for rats, birds, and gecko that help me get to the minimum order amount that I can't get from Petflow and sometimes the cat food I buy is cheaper on Chewy

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I called Petflow and they said the stuff ships Fedex and I should get it next day. I might just give it a one time try because I just need the Fromm and the $10 off for first order is a good thing. Gofromm is actually cheaper than Petflow. I like using the feed store when they have their 20% off Food Frenzy days or when I get email coupons. Last time I got a 40% off for dog food and that was GREAT! 15% off everything in store is nice but with tax and gas savings not as good and I don't feel like driving over there.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks again @Mizzely for your input. I will order from Petflow next time. I wound up going to the feed store because I also needed a new e-collar for Geordie and they carry the one I use at the best price. They also had Plato dog treats on sale for 20% off so that was a good deal. Plus because I spent at least $75 I got a gift card and used that immediately towards my purchases. It was good that there was no traffic. I started getting tired on the drive home even though it's not a long drive but I've been a bit drained with this cold/flu thing.