• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Pete is bleeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
I have become a BIG beliver in Cayenne Pepper for bleeding/cuts/feathers/etc....
You can make it into a paste if you have time but I just put it on straight!...I also use it on myself when I get cuts and I can't tell you how fast it heals!
I have put it on my U2 that multilates himself and the healing is wonderful....and he LEAVES the spot alone when I do it....
Gabby had something happen to the tip of his tongue the 3 day we were here at Bonnies...have no idea but the tip was "pink" skin and there was blood in the cage....He wasn't talking or doing anything just sitting there...I made up a loose paste of cayenne/pedilite and fed it to him off a spoon...HE was taking it in like no tomorrow and using his tongue to basically put it around the inside of his beak...he ate about 1/2 tsp of this mixture....I also add pedilite to his water and later hand feed him forumla...within 24 hours he was able to eat his food as normal....at the time, he wasn't picking any food up at all....the tongue went back to the normal black color also...
Unless you try it and see for yourself what it can do to a hurt bird...you won't believe it!:hug8:
And NO it doesn't sting...I have put it on paper cuts/cutting my fingers on wire etc and it stops the hurting and heals fast!:hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
You are probably feeling it more than your little bird. He will be fine, it happens to all of us at some point. My initiation was with an African Grey and there was blood everywhere! She is still alive and kicking and she forgave me very quickly thank goodness.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
I have become a BIG beliver in Cayenne Pepper for bleeding/cuts/feathers/etc....
You can make it into a paste if you have time but I just put it on straight!...I also use it on myself when I get cuts and I can't tell you how fast it heals!
I have put it on my U2 that multilates himself and the healing is wonderful....and he LEAVES the spot alone when I do it....
Gabby had something happen to the tip of his tongue the 3 day we were here at Bonnies...have no idea but the tip was "pink" skin and there was blood in the cage....He wasn't talking or doing anything just sitting there...I made up a loose paste of cayenne/pedilite and fed it to him off a spoon...HE was taking it in like no tomorrow and using his tongue to basically put it around the inside of his beak...he ate about 1/2 tsp of this mixture....I also add pedilite to his water and later hand feed him forumla...within 24 hours he was able to eat his food as normal....at the time, he wasn't picking any food up at all....the tongue went back to the normal black color also...
Unless you try it and see for yourself what it can do to a hurt bird...you won't believe it!:hug8:
And NO it doesn't sting...I have put it on paper cuts/cutting my fingers on wire etc and it stops the hurting and heals fast!:hug8:
I'm not opposed to the pepper, I just didn't have any on hand. It's on my shopping list though! I just didn't want to use Stypic because my bird was cleaning his foot and I wouldn't want him to injest Stypic powder.:hug8:

You are probably feeling it more than your little bird. He will be fine, it happens to all of us at some point. My initiation was with an African Grey and there was blood everywhere! She is still alive and kicking and she forgave me very quickly thank goodness.
Om my, I feel for you. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.