• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petco is shuttering Dr.'s Fosters Smith

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Last edited:

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
I know I'm done with Amazon. They give you no support unless you belong. I am not able to comment on anything nor review any products I've purchased unless I belong to their world. Since I get no support and I am not allowed to return anything or complain about anything, I'm done with Amazon.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Some deals are starting. There is a 15% off code right now - 4U15OFF

10 oz Classic Cockatiel Nutriberries are $2.50 Caged bird treats; Lafeber's Original Nutri-berries for cockatiels The 15% also applied to this for me!

Others for the same cost:

Parakeet: Caged bird treats; Lafeber's Original Nutri-berries for parakeets

Parrot: https://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=5059+20026+6281&pcatid=6281
Heads up, I got the code 4UXTRA20 today via email, expires Sunday, January 20th. It didnt work on the nutriberries I put in my cart, though.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Heads up, I got the code 4UXTRA20 today via email, expires Sunday, January 20th. It didnt work on the nutriberries I put in my cart, though.

Dangit I knew that was going to happen lol. Oh well! (Now to decide if I want to do another order...)

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Just purchased and received 8 bags of Harrison’s High Potency, 5#.
I’m bummed they’re closing.
I wonder if Chewy will sell Harrison’s ???

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:extremeanger:I'm surprised it lasted as well as it did under Petco as I knew it would be trouble from day 1. Still the low $19 free shipping & a few bang buster sales were great. The exp dates have been always been good.

My OFB were sort of very crumbly but got the on deep discount.

Have not ordered in a long while as I had bought least 8 mo supply on the big sales but its getting low.

Chewy looks to have the Volkmans & Higgins & I can get to $49 but sometimes I just like to buy $25 worth,

Used Great Companions aLONG time ago but was unhappy with a $7 surcharge on a 2 lb bag of intune for oversize??? Oversize???? They had a great price on it but add $7 & they drive me away.

There was another...maybe pet solutions or something like that but Drs Fraud & Scheister did sell good products & good prices with great shipping so I stuck with them the past 10 years.

Oh well....guess we should have known as they have been cuttin gout all the good products slowly & riding on the Kaytee type corrupted line...

Guess frauds & scheister like birds of a feather go together & its what I would expect from Fraudco!:fired:

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
So is there a coupon code for DR FS???

4UXTRA20

Tried it & it works...Guess they need to empty the warehouses...Well time to stock up again.

Do you know if you can only use the coupon code once?

Trying to decide how many bags to buy but also dont want it to go out of stock.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Bollocks... I was going to stock up on Roudybush Daily Maintenance, but there's an error page that pops up instead.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Look like RB DM was on sale $4.75 bag so guess its out of stock...,Funny some things say not avaial til 2/21 & thought they would be closed by then? Seems all the RB is out...oooh well..

Looking at the Zupreem fruity pebbles but the sugar & dyes? Wish they still had intune.

Penny actually munched a few tops today & nibble on a harrisions treat but she rarely touches them so not going to buy more for now.

Rio likes his Intune esp the red ones...LOL

Last edited:

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I ordered Roudybush DM and Zupreem Pure Fun from Chewy. Got here a lot faster - 4 days compared to the 8 days it took DrF&S to get my kabobs to me.

It was a little more expensive, with Roudybush being $13.69 compared to DrF&S usual $8-10. However, you can't order something that isn't in stock. :I

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I ordered Roudybush DM and Zupreem Pure Fun from Chewy. Got here a lot faster - 4 days compared to the 8 days it took DrF&S to get my kabobs to me.

It was a little more expensive, with Roudybush being $13.69 compared to DrF&S usual $8-10. However, you can't order something that isn't in stock. :I

I'm surprised it took 4 days! Unless it was wrapped around a weekend, they have 1 to 2 day shipping nationwide

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I'm surprised it took 4 days! Unless it was wrapped around a weekend, they have 1 to 2 day shipping nationwide

I ordered it Sunday, and it got shipped out on Monday. It seems like most things (even sometimes things ordered with Amazon Prime) take an extra day to get here. It's probably because I'm kinda on an island.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
F&S does take almost a week to get here reg UPS. Its OK if you order ahead.

Chewy has Higgins Safflower Gold...I'll get that & mix it in as FS does not carry that or the intune so I'll need to try Chewy in a few months,

Well 20 lbs Volkman Gray is on the way at under $67 inc tax so not bad at $3 a lb.

I mix pellets & other things in it...Its a good base with fruit & nuts.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I used to get Drs in 4 days. Now its 8 to 10 days. I'm 2 states over!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well its free so I can't complain but its usually 7 days or 8 days with weekends. So if its longer its OK as I'm on the west coast. I'll probably get my order by end of next week. I'm glad to get a good price with free shipping & UPS is OK with me.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I know but the change only happened in the last 3 to 6 months. I've been ordering from them for literally years and it's always been max 4 days for me. To take over double the amount of time is a significant change!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Probably not a shipping but handling problem. They may be waiting days before they pack/ ship.
They may have fired some employees so it takes them longer to get it out??? Its sad for them but I'll help them clear inventory at a discount. Birds need to eat...& funds are not flooding in overhere.

I can; say as my last purchase was summer 2018. Still I'm in no rush for it now & to save 20% its OK.

Last edited: