• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pesticides

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I am very concerned about my backyard birds and butterflies my neighbor has his yard sprayed with pesticides every 4 weeks I can smell it in my yard is this going to kill them even though I don't use anything on my lawn

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Are you talking about wild birds or pet birds you have outside ?

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I am talking about the wild birds outside

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
If he's doing it so often maybe there won't be so many dead bugs at once. I think that is where the danger is. I once sprayed a tree that was just full of bugs and they were falling off in hoards. To my dismay a pretty brown thrasher I had been seeing every day began scarfing them up. I couldn't run her away. I never saw her again and I think the poisoned bugs killed her. I never used pesticide like that again. I felt so bad. I think generally after it dries it doesn't harm wildlife but if they're in the spray that's different. I don't know what it may do to butterflies that drink from sprayed flowers

Last edited:

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
i just think there should be laws to protect wildlife i read that songbird population is down 25% because of pestidide use it would be a very sad day if we lose our beautiful birds all to make grass which is a weed look good

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Have you had any conversations with this neighbor?

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
he is not someone you can talk to my driveway buts up to his driveway and he wants me to park on the street instead of my own driveway which I refuse to do so he's mad at me

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Wow! He sounds like an obsessive jerk

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
he really is I just worry about the birds hate to see something happen to them all for a nice looking yard