• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Personality of a Linnie

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh, I have something else to say lol. I wanted to mention how much my Linnie loves her toys. She's a great player, going from toy to toy, playing with them in a lot of different ways. As I've said before, she takes her rings and feeds the perch thru them and she constantly makes adjustments with her disco ball when she wants it inside or outside her boing or sometimes resting on the boing. It's deliberate. I see her little brain working.

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
I've got a Linnie that's much more on the shy side of the scale. Though she is quite young still and have only had her for a week. That been said - she has made great progress in the week. She will step up and we can get her out of the cage on our fingers. She also doesn't mind being held too much, but we do give her a favorite treat (apple) when she's being held, so maybe that has something to do with it. She likes being on shoulders, especially my daughter who has long hair. She'll burrow into her hair and pop her head out to see what's going on. Quite funny really. We keep wet wipes on hand for instant clean up :)
Other than that she's quiet, freezes when we walk by her cage and the only real interest she seems to have is in the dog when it goes to the cage to sniff her. She'll actually move to the nearest spot to take a look at the pooch ( trying not to take it personally). :cool3:
Every bird is different. They do pack a lot of personality into a tiny package and we couldn't be happier to have her.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your Linnie (what's her name?!?!?!?) sounds adorable. One week is still so short. It will be fun to see how she is in a few months. How funny that she's brave with the dog. Gigi races to the section of the cage closest to my grandchildren, even the 3 year old!

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
So cute that she likes the grandkids!
Yes, I do have to be patient to see if more of a personality shows up.
How old was Gigi when you brought her home?

I think we're settling on Charlie, just in case she turns out to be a he. LoL

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We help my daughter homeschool so my granddaughters (9, 6,3) are with us 2 mornings each week. It's crazy loud and a little wild and Gigi loves it. But she seems to need a nap when they leave. :). Me too. How fun that you have a daughter at home to play with her. My kids are on their own but loved being raised with birds. During their childhoods, I had a cocktateil, a canary, and a pair of caiques.

Gigi was about 6 weeks old when we brought her home. Scared me but she was completely weaned. I was the first to pick up a baby from the clutch of 5. I didn't pressure the breeder, he just called and said anytime now. I left right then lol. But she's a different girl from that baby, changing every week.

Charlie as a name is super cute. Charlotte when she's in trouble.