1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Pepper threw up.

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by RachelM, 12/3/17.

1. RachelM

RachelM Meeting neighbors I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Rachel Mayrhofer
    URGENT: Pepper threw up. He appears to be doing fine, but it wasn't regurgitation. He is active. I've given him the electrolyte solution, I'm going to post in Parrot First Aid Facebook group. There isn't a certified Avian veterinarian within four hours of us, and the conditions are too dangerous for us to drive there. I've given him a heating pad, and I'm trying to remain calm. I'm so scared, please help. This is him now.

Attached Files:

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

He's only vomited once so far so try not to stress out or be scared. How is he acting otherwise? Keep his cage covered on 3 sides and only put the heating pad over or under 1/2 - 3/4 of the cage. He looks a bit fluffed in the photo but that could be due to his being upset from the vomiting. Did he vomit food or just liquid? Is he perching? Is he interacting with you? Hope he will be OK.

3. RachelM

RachelM Meeting neighbors I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Rachel Mayrhofer
    Okay, will do. His vomit had whole seeds in it, yeas he is perching, but he isn't tame so he expectedly isn't interacting with me. His poops are healthy as well.

4. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Deanna
    I hope he’ll be okay!

5. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Monitor him closely and make sure he is eating and drinking enough. You can always bring him to a regular vet who is knowledgeable about birds or call an avian vet to see what recommendations he/she might have.

sunnysmom and faislaq like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)