• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
She could have gone through a moult as well so her feathers could have changed a bit as well so it could be her.
I'm wondering if a change in diet might affect the beak colouring too?

And as disappointing as it may be to find out it isn't Pepper, at least you'd know for sure whether it was or not instead of possibly always wondering.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm wondering if a change in diet might affect the beak colouring too?

And as disappointing as it may be to find out it isn't Pepper, at least you'd know for sure whether it was or not instead of possibly always wondering.

Once a bird is mature (i.e. fully weaned and at least 3+ months old - if not younger than that), their beak shouldn't change color at all... Casey has a horn colored beak. Tomi Girl has a horn colored beak with a darker stripe.

:(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My cinnamon female's beak has become darker since she was 9 months old. I didn't really notice it until I looked at old pictures. Her face is also has become a bit more grey since then too. She is now 3 1/2. I agree with @SandraK in that it's better to check it out than to always wonder if it was Pepper.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I hope for you ..I would go check it out as well ...best of luck :hug8:

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It can't be her, they sent a pic..no pied markings at all on neck or head :(
IMG_1422.JPG

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
I am sorry that once again your hopes were dashed. I believe that God has sent you another creature that needs your help to flourish in an effort to ease your pain. I do hope you find Pepper some day soon, until then I hope the bird you rescued gives you a sense of purpose and happiness.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
110 days without Pepper now :sad9:
I don't think I'll see her again. It's been hard. But just incase, I'm going to keep up the fliers and hope someone has her.

In the meantime we have been printing and hanging fliers for the 'tiel we captured to find her person

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry that wasnt your lil one :hug8:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I'm so, so sorry that you have not found her... You have been so strong and so dedicated, and I applaud you for that.

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
I'm so sorry :(

Was Pepper from Wings? I ask because I'm curious why she didn't have a leg band. My girl doesn't have one either and I'm concerned about what would happen if she flew out...

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm very sorry... :(
:sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry :(

Was Pepper from Wings? I ask because I'm curious why she didn't have a leg band. My girl doesn't have one either and I'm concerned about what would happen if she flew out...
Yes, the whole flock (except the captured 'tiel and one from craigslist) are from Wings..
None of the tiels have leg bands, but they are better off without them incase they get it caught. Especially during a night fright..

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
None of the tiels have leg bands, but they are better off without them in case they get it caught. Especially during a night fright..
Right, I thought of that too. That's why I didn't worry about Clover not having one since I would probably remove it anyway. But her two siblings had one. Strange...

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
Hello, I was wondering if you would mind if i name my Future ‘tiel Pepper, in Honour of Yours. I’ve been with you since day four, and you story is very heartwarming, and tells people to never give up. I understand if not, but I truly find your story so pleasant. Thank You.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Hello, I was wondering if you would mind if i name my Future ‘tiel Pepper, in Honour of Yours. I’ve been with you since day four, and you story is very heartwarming, and tells people to never give up. I understand if not, but I truly find your story so pleasant. Thank You.
Aw no, I wouldn't mind. I think Pepper would like that too
Hopefully she will be reunited with me- I'd like to think a happy ending would encourage other people who are missing birds to keep waiting

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
That’s Great To Hear, Yes I Believe We All Wish She’ll Come Back. I Still Have A Good Feeling You’ll Be Able To See Each other Soon! ;)

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I couldn't stand losing one of my birds (Although I do free-flight with them) and because of my parents, I wouldn't be able to go out and look for the escaped bird. I live in North eastern United states, so I can't help much with your search, but I hope she returns.
I know that in my state there is a budgie who has been missing for 5 years before finally being spotted. In fact that birds owner is my neighbor, and I have seen the budgie myself just yesterday. The budgie is micro chipped and his cage is currently outside waiting for him. I try to help by bringing my budgies out to call to him, it works and that's keeping him in the area. If a budgie can survive harsh weather (It reached -20 this past winter), than so can Pepper.

Don't give up hope, she will come home soon.:sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
You are brave to free-fly your birds- I think I'd be way too scared of mine flying away like Pepper.
Before Pepper's escape though, I had been thinking of taking her to a flight club where they have a big building for birds to fly in.

It's helpful to hear of other birds surviving. Just recently someone had been reunited with their 'tiel, who since 5/7/17 I think,
was found 4 miles away and being cared for by a teenager until she had seen the owner's fliers.

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
Much love sent your way...

TheOddFlock

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
I've got good and bad news about my neighbors case. Sir chatterbox (the escaped budgie) was caught today, unfortunately it costed my Budgie Chrissy. I was using my Clipped budgies to help get the escaped bird back, somehow Chrissy got out of his carrying cage and flew into a nearby tree, dispute being clipped. I know where he is, and I've got Opal his mate out in her locked cage trying to get him back. Hopeful Chrissy will come back and so will your pepper.

I try to be optimistic, Chrissy has been though so much.