• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
It's possible someone found her and hasn't *THOUGHT* to think about finding her previous owner. There are a lot of people out there like that, especially with birds... for whatever reason, they don't think it's a missing pet, they just think it's cute and they want to keep it. :(

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
We got a text and missed call, text said "I have (or found, dont remember) your pet."
We went back and forth texting and just when we had decided to meet at a grocery store parking lot, we waited like 10mins and any calls from them
were just no sound. Then parents got a text of something inappropriate :(

Got our hopes up for nothing, and just when my dad had possibly seen a white bird fly past making a noise like Spike's upset sound prior to that..we wasted time.

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Don't give up! A few failed tries dosent mean the end! I belive that you can find your lil birdie, just don't stop looking!
I wish the best of luck, :heart::tieln:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It's crazy how cruel some people can be. I'm still hoping you find bad her!
:sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
We're almost to Day 40 of her being missing, almost. I wonder what she's been eating if still alive...

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm sure she has found sources of food and learned new food sources from the wild birds.

From all of the sightings, I have a strong feeling that she is alive.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
We got a text and missed call, text said "I have (or found, dont remember) your pet."
We went back and forth texting and just when we had decided to meet at a grocery store parking lot, we waited like 10mins and any calls from them
were just no sound. Then parents got a text of something inappropriate :(

Got our hopes up for nothing, and just when my dad had possibly seen a white bird fly past making a noise like Spike's upset sound prior to that..we wasted time.

Sometimes, you have to be careful of people. :( There are some scammers out there that will say "I have your pet, but I wont give your pet back without X-amount of money".... in reality, they don't have your pet, they are just trying to scam you out of money.

I'm hoping she's still out there somewhere, safe and sound!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Im hoping so much that she is safe. We might have to go out of town on Saturday until Monday :(
I wont be here to go and look for her if she was sighted and that makes me anxious.

Someone in Seattle had lost a 'tiel who had been found in someone's apartment(?) but despite the bird's reaction to her and all the guy living there refused to give the bird back.
Then the bird escaped him, apparently. I dont want that to happen to Pepper too

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Thank you- really want to get better quick. I can't stay outside without tearing up from the sunlight or being shaky :dead:
Now that Im thinking more of Pepper..when she flew in the house, she always took sharp turns well, was able to fly down and up stairs, and find the best places to land.
We once lost power and she was able to fly in the room in circles before making out her cage and landing nicely, despite the dark. I hope this experiences aids her out there.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
well.
We missed a message on FB, a lady who lives just, just across from the Elementary school had said she heard a lone bird tweeting that she thinks may have been Pepper early Saturday morning. She said she's sure she had heard the noise the day we posted her missing ad as well..but due to my little siblings coming down sick as well and just "itsnotsafe to go outside alone" I have not been able to go
and look or call for her myself. More frustrated and sad now but I cant do much about it :depressed:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If she's there, then she's sticking around the area!!! Maybe tomorrow you can go and check?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Wouldn't your parents let you go out even if your sick, for something so important? Or can they look for Pepper for you? If you're better, can one of your parents take you out very frequently to look?

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Siblings and coming down sick, rainy/windy weather and not having a truck makes it difficult
We managed to get out there by driving when we got the truck back but it was past 6pm and getting dark so we didnt have much time..

I really hope it was her and that today has good weather so we can just walk on over to that neighborhood and call for her- Im very concerned now because
if she is still out, maybe she's been skittish about going to people? I thought being lost and hungry/scared would encourage her to find a human.