• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The bird in the ad appears to be a pearl pied cockatiel.

Pepper is a cinnamon pearl pied.

Both do indeed look quite similar, but I'm afraid it's not her. :sad8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry

Well, that is sad but at least it means they are really telling the truth and just want a good home we hope for their baby.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Too bad but sometimes birds can look different due to lighting and the photograph. I remember posting a photo of Kuiper and being told that he is a regular white faced 'tiel and not a cinnamon but if you saw him up close you would know that he is cinnamon. I had a cinnamon 'tiel as well as regular cockatiels in the past so I can tell the difference. Can't always tell with some photos.

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Does Pepper have a distinct feature that no other cockatiel has? Snohomish, Washington seems pretty close to where you are located. She might have flew there. If that cockatiel has all the features of pepper, there is a good chance that's her. You should go see the cockatiel and determine if that's her. You never really know if that person is lying. They're probably trying to make some bucks off a lost bird. Good luck. Praying Pepper comes home soon!!
Not any I can think of besides
a yellow-white patch on the back of her neck from piebald(?) that has always been there, and her habit of eating with her feet..her little "pew pew!!" noise that she makes on my dad's shoulder.
It would be weird to me if someone turned down a $200 reward when they are asking $60 but you never know, I guess.
If we did go to meet them and it turned out a different bird Im not sure what I would say to them :confused:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If you don't think it's Pepper for sure just say she's not the right fit for your family and you could always offer to help them find a home.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
You know, the number we used to text them is the same as the lost Pepper flyer...perhaps they are avoiding replying because they know!
They said they wanted people to text them, not call and when I emailed they did respond fast..but we sent the text before the email..

glad we have a spare, we're going to try texting them with it.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They deleted the posting but I would still text them from the other phone or send them an email from a different email address.

ThatsFowlPlay

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jasmine
Them deleting the post highly raises my suspicion that they have Pepper. Lets hope that they did that so they can give Pepper back to you probably cause of the high reward.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
We texted from our other phone- they must have JUST deleted that post because it was up only 15 minutes before.
I hope they respond. If this really is just a different bird though Im spending time I could use to search..so hard.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I would hope that it is Pepper, and it doesn't hurt to see the bird to make sure. The bird in the ad just doesn't look quite the same.

Still hoping she's out there somewhere!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
they never responded..so the CL ad got deleted and we also found an ad on offerup that was marked Sold

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Still hope you will find her. The bird in the ad has more grey in the crest than Pepper and the tail also looked like there is more grey in that. They sure sold the 'tiel quickly. Hope she went to a nice home.

AviaryByTheSea

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michael
They emailed,
"this one was born at my house last summer"
Anyone unscrupulous enough to sell a bird on craigslist that they found outside, rather than attempting to find the owner and return the bird... well tell you whatever they want.... its a 1 1/2 years old, I have had it for 2 years... but my new GF is allergic, or whatever else might sound like a plausible reason for them to sell their "precious" bird.

I would, in the future - and perhaps even with this bird - because you said it does look like pepper and it is only 16 miles... just go LOOK. No Harm - No Foul.

Is your bird banded?

When calling ads about for sale birds... I would be give as little info as possible - so as to not spook the seller.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
They have not responded at all so far

no, she isn't banded or microchipped :(
preparing for another day of waiting, calling and looking for her.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bighug:

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
I hate to say this but 27 days is a pretty long time for a captive bird. Honestly I think your best, maybe only hope is if someone found her. The craigslist ad suddenly deleting is super suspicious. You should create a new email to contact them and see if the bird is still available. It wouldn't hurt to go and see the bird, because it might be Pepper. Have you checked other sites?

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Some one had their cockatiel whom was missing I think a week or so in very similiar weather (Poulsbo) land on a nice lady's head and they were reunited quickly..
I know it's been a long time but I still hold out the hope of finding her if she has found the millet and seeds in everybody's feeders to keep fed..

After taking a good long look at the picture and comparing Pepper, she never did have much grey in her crest..

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
Im so sorry hun! That is terrible i hope you find her and all is well sending prayers for yous

OscarTheAmazon

Meeting neighbors
Sorry to hear I hope she turns up just know she would not have got around very well if she was clipped so be glad shes flighted

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
If she absolutely had to have escaped..yes Im glad she isnt clipped. We have two cats that seem to roam the neighborhood and I've seen them stalk around after stuff
She had been able to fly from the 2nd floor of our house down stairs through a narrow hallway to the bird/bedroom so she is capable of doing sharp turns and everything but
never flew in wind or crazy rain of course. I'd like to think that if someone caught her, they'd take her to an avian vet which we have contacted all the avvets we could think of, and no news from them..

Lately I've been stuck in the driveway and cant walk anywhere. So, so hard not to be able to look when I know if she's alive, she is endlessly looking for me.