• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Penny is coming home!

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
Penny is coming home today! She's maintained her weights after dropping her formula, and we decided that since we're visiting today, we may as well bring her home tonight instead of tomorrow morning! I think we're gonna schedule a vet appointment sooner rather than later since she has a really tiny cut on her toe and seems to favor it slightly. IMG_20180720_153403_329.jpg

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
20180720_153955.jpg her toe. Looks slightly bruised. She doesn't pick at it and generally ignores it unless I touch that one. I''m not super worried, just slightly concerned due to her favoring it.

Reactions: LSA

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
20180720_175433.jpg hanging out on her boing. She's had a little food and now she's chewing a toy. I don't think the other birds have even noticed her yet, since her cage has been set up since May.

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Yay! Since she was just weaned, you might want to have some formula on hand and a syringe in case she regresses a bit. Every single 'weaned' baby I ever brought home wanted more formula for awhile.
Looking forward to reading all about your brand new baby! Congrats!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Cutie pie!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She is gorgeous!!

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Are you taking her to the vet for a wellness check? Perhaps the vet can give you feedback on the toe
I was planning to wait a little bit, but i'm thinking of moving it up sooner. She favored her foot once before for longer than we though necessary because she was nipped by another bird. Not hard, at all. No blood, no mark, not even a squeak from her. (She started it) but when my husband gave her extra attention after, she favored it for 2 and a half days. I'm going to see what it looks like in the morning and if it's still giving her issues, move her vet appointment up to Tuesday or first available. (I'm in fetal diagnostic testing all day Monday, so that's not gonna work)

RawPasta

Real Name
Kelley
Yay! Since she was just weaned, you might want to have some formula on hand and a syringe in case she regresses a bit. Every single 'weaned' baby I ever brought home wanted more formula for awhile.
Looking forward to reading all about your brand new baby! Congrats!

I have a feeling she will. I've been lucky and the 2 babies I've brought home in the past didn't want additional feedings. (The nanday and the cockatoo, the macaw was a year old already and so was the lovebird)

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Best wishes with fetal dx testing!

Early well check sometimes advisable when you just bring home a bird to ensure its health.

Best wishes with everything

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!