• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pellet (brand) question

Vera

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vera
what pellet do you think is best and why?
I have parrotlets. so far they have been eating Harrison's , TOP, Beaphar pellets.
I love the TOP pellets because the clean and healthy ingredients, bu i do supplement these with harrison's or a calcium/viamin d supplement.
I have the crumble size, but they still waste a lot.

Harrison's HPSF is eaten without any waste but can't be fed all the time, it makes my female more hormonal, the LTSF isn't a favorit.
Beaphar small parakeet pellet: also a lot of waste.

I would like to give Zupreem or Roudybush a try, i'm also curious about Caitec.
what do you think about the ingredients in Zupreem and Roudybush? lots of corn and wheat...
Caitec seem to have better ingredients.

what brand to try next?
can anybody post the analyses for Roudybush mini and Zupreem parakeet and Caitec oven fresh bites small?

Last edited:

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I like the ingredients of Harrison's. I have been using the High Potency, but didn't think about hormones. :faint: The birds really like it. The lovebirds took to it right away when I offered it, and even the budgies eat some! My birds were weaned on Zupreem and I use the naturals, but so much corn! And, the birds don't seem to like it as much, even though it is sweeter. I have not tried Harrison's maintenance diet. I have been debating on what to do, also. Roudybush is a favorite of other people that I know, but it also has a lot of corn.

I try to rotate so that they don't get the same thing all the time, hoping that the good, the bad, and the other stuff kind of works itself out in the long run. I offer them fresh veggies regularly (totally ignored by the lovebirds) and cook them bird bread, and cooked grains with various added ingredients, as well as sprouted seeds, smaller seeds, and other stuff. But, I often feel like I am just "winging it" lol.