• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellet and Seed Mix

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
We're bringing home Chipper the U2 next weekend. Right now, he's on a seed/pellet mix. I usually buy Zupreem pellets, but what's a good seed mix I can add? Preferably without sunflower seeds. I'm considering Zupreem Smart Selects...

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I use the Hagen mixes. Yes they have sunflower seeds (the small black ones) but if he's very active there really is no need to avoid them. In any case there's so few it's easy to pick them out.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I use the Hagen mixes. Yes they have sunflower seeds (the small black ones) but if he's very active there really is no need to avoid them. In any case there's so few it's easy to pick them out.
Agreed. Sunflower seeds do have nutritional value. It's more that some birds will eat only sunflower seeds if given the change. I let both my birds have them in moderation. (Although Scooter doesn't actually eat them.)

Little Feathered Buddies Health & Nutrition - Seeds, Nuts, Grains

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Thanks, guys! The last seed mix I bought was FULL of sunflower seeds, so I spent forever picking them out to use for treats. I'll check those mixes out, thanks!!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan