• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peeling Feet

QuakerCracker

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bianca
hi, I have a 5 year old female Quaker and I noticed the bottom of her feet are peeling slightly and possibly a sore or two. Recently I changed her food, it was rowdy bush pellets and now it is a mixture of diff. seeds and dried fruit. But she doesn’t eat the fruit. So is it because I changed her food and it isn’t nutritious as the rowdy bush? Or is she getting an infection or bumble foot? Or something entirely different. Because I never had this problem before. It’s also worth noting she goes to the bottom of the cage a lot, I’m not sure how to stop this behavior. It’s not because she’s getting sick, because she would always go to the bottom even when she was younger and she’s would be fine. Btw I have natural branches, so the perches aren’t the problem. Plz help.

In the photos you can’t really see the peeling. But where the arrow is pointed I am sure it’s a sore.

Attachments

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Could she maybe have been chewing at her toes because they feel dry from running the heat possibly?

QuakerCracker

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bianca
@Thugluvgrl187, I don’t think it would be that since, we maintain an almost constant temperature and she’s been fine in the past with the temp

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Either way I would keep an eye on her feet and if they continue to look that way I would have looked at by a vet just to make sure everything is okay. I don't know too much about bumblefoot since I've never had a bird that has had it but hopefully someone will come along that knows more about it and has more info for you.