• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peanut's progress

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
So we've had little Peanut for a total of 16 days now. She's such a character! She's surprisingly very gentle, sweet, and LOVES to eat.
Her favorite seeds are sunflower kernels, and she loves chewy toys. (Not to mention she's fairly loud aswell)
No need for an alarm clock! :D
She eats most of her seeds, and I give her pellets to munch on in the afternoon.
I've gotten a fairly good routine with her, and Peanut's also a very fast learner!
She steps up regularly now, kisses , and hangs upside down!!:joyful:
(Of course with a reward of sunflower kernels,(We bought 3 pounds of it for her)) :laugh:
She's bonding with our family (mainly me :wacky:, and doesn't have any preferences on who feeds /holds her.
I'm so happy we found her and took her into our care. For Christmas I actually got around 200$ for petstores as a gift and got her over 4 new (non dowel) perches, nutriberries, treats, and a few toys I thought she'd like. (Along with stuff for the tiels, dogs , and other animals)
Her cage looks like a little jungle gym now! :smuggrin:
We're working on getting a bigger cage for her, but I wanted to make the best of her current cage with toys, and new things to try out :roflmao:
She's currently still in quarantine away from the tiels, and she's doing great so far. I'm so exited to see our bond grow even stronger that it is now, and a future of fun days with her. :heart:

PS. Not trying to show off or anything but I'm so exited how I have her food separated and organized, even got a little scoop for it! ;)

Attachments

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
She looks so sweet! :faint:

Birdlovesme

Yep! I seem to catch her at the perfect time(s) ;)

lyx

Adorable!!! She looks like a little sweety with a lot of character :xflove:

Also I need to get as organised! Cute jars!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What a darling! :heart: And yes yes show off your organization, some of us (cough cough) need to be motivated for that.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
they are so cute, it is difficult not to show off! She looks like a very sweet Peanut indeed!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She’s precious!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
What a cutie and is full of personality!

Max Rain

Meeting neighbors
That one picture looks like she's screaming! Someone needs to photoshop this cutie into the movie Braveheart.