• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

peacock on my patio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
LOL. One day, while driving to work in Anchorage, my father saw what he thought was an ugly dog. He pulled over and fed it some of his ham and cheese croissant. It followed his car down the street to his office. He took it into the office and called the humane society to see if anyone was missing a pig. At this time, she was a small pig, not more than 50 pounds. Animal control came and picked up the pig, but the pig hid behind my father and would only come to him. He had to carry it to the truck. My father at this time bonded with the pig and later he went down to the shelter and officially adopted it.

The police called soon after to say that they had busted a drug house, and that the pig was being fed bags of heroin and smuggled into the state. The pig had run out the back door during the bust. My father happened to be driving nearby at this time and saw the pig. They said that the dealer was in jail but that he was willing to make a deal with the state. He wanted the pig back and in exchange, he would turn in another delaer. My stepmother, after meeting the pig, refused to relinquish it to the drug dealer. So, the pig stayed and had the run of the office. My father's secretary did not like the pig. Jezabel had figured out how to open the small office refrigerator and would steal her lean cuisines. She even figured out how to open her brief case and eat her pop tarts. When the pig declared her office the bathroom, she had to go (the pig I mean). So the pig moved into the my parents' double car garage. My parents parked their cars in the snow and gave Jezabel the garage.

One day, while visiting during college, my dad gave me some money and asked if I could go down to Walmart and buy a mattress and toys for the pig. I bought a baby mattress, toys and balls (I had heard that pigs like balls). People in line asked if they were for my baby. I said no - for our pig. Jezabel chewed the matress up and had no interest in the balls. She did like her stuffed animal though.

Jezabel was very spoiled. My parents are workaholics and eat all of their meals at restaurants. They would always order a separate meal for the pig. She would not eat her salads without cesaer dressing. Whenever, they held parties, people would oo and ahh over her. I never understood it, as she was quite ugly. But, my parents really loved her. One year, she was the poster child for United Way. They held a campaign that if they raised enough money, the state senator would kiss the pig. My parents had to wrestle her into a tutu and put ear rings on her. Her ears were so strong, she would flick the ear rings off and they shot across the room. They took her to the gala, and the senator (I think Senator Stevens) kissed Jezabel. The picture was published in the paper.

Jezabel died at over 200 lbs after many years. She died of pneumonia. She had regular vet care, but I guess this was not curable. The newspaper published an obituary. My parents reveived lots of cards of condolences.

THat's the story of Jezabel. :)

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow..what a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

redlored

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim
Wow! I just read this entire thread and I couldn't stop reading. Thank goodness you were there for Ernestine and she was reunited with her owner. I laughed when she decided to walk into your house. The picture was hilarious. The "peck, peck, peck" at the window was funny too. It's nice that you can go and visit her from time to time. :) As for Jezabel, it sounds like he had a great life!
Awesome stories! You should be a writer! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.