• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peachy’s story- Sad Update Post #19

Peachy’s mom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kris
hi everyone. I was asked to share the story of Peachy on here. Peachy is a BE cockatoo I bought exactly two weeks ago. I discovered he was emaciated the next day and a trip to the vet ended with him being hospitalized for three days. Diagnosis was most likely liver cancer. By the time I got Peachy out of the vet he had become a Facebook sensation with so many followers that a woman created his own page. The previous owner wants nothing to do with us nor does she seem concerned about her pet of 16 years. I have since consulted another vet and the belief is it is most likely not cancer. Although he is not 100% sure we can save him either. At any rate hi everyone.

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Hi Kristen so happy You came on here and joined.Yes Peachy is a star on Facebook. I really love seeing Peachy videos,and hearing him say his sweet Hello,He is so lucky to have you as his Mom. Keep the updates up as I love hearing how he's doing and seeing him too.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:blink: The previous owner wants nothing to do with you??? Oh my gosh. Sometimes I just want to smack people.

[hold me back guys]

[Florida didn't know me when they gave me the conceal carry permit]

That story makes me want to cry. Thank goodness you were there for your baby! Good luck, and please post pics here even tho you already have them on FB.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you so much for helping him!:heart:That is horrible, his previous owners must be heartless creatures:mad:
Welcome to the avenue!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and Peachy! :)

I'm usually not big on FB, but I'm going to look for the posting there...

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:
I’m so glad Peachy has you, and I hope he will be okay!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How awful! I can't imagine abandoning someone like that, especially when they're ill.

Welcome to you and Peachy - I hope you get to the bottom of his medical issues and that he lives a long and happy life.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Welcome to AA!

That's such a sad story. The way people treat their animals, it makes me want to :shake: and :angry:. I can't believe his owner would do that! @finchly is correct, this woman deserves a good smack:whack:

On the other hand, I'm so glad you took Peachy in and he is getting the care he deserves! I hope he will be ok. Please keep us posted!

Smbrds

Real Name
Shawn
Welcome. Peachy is in much better place and certainly rescued, for sure. 16 years is quite awhile to not feel any care or have a heart for the bird as is therefore the result of his condition. Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised. Now he is a star on social media and will have a better home.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Welcome Kris and Peachy! What a sad story, but so glad to hear it has a happy ending! :hello:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Kristen posted on Facebook page Save Peachy., That Peachy passed away March 13. Peachy was very loved by many people,I will miss Peachy very much .

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
So so sad. He knew he was loved at the end.