• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peaches and Turbo are at it Again

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
They are getting big!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
So cute!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
They are getting big!

so sweet! how many eggs in a typical clutch? I only have 5 fakes if i ever (hope never) need to use them. Can I overnight you the eggs if I ever (hope never) have any?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
why did the one baby close his eyes and startle when you touched him? Is he normal and healthy or is that worrisome? :)

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
why did the one baby close his eyes and startle when you touched him? Is he normal and healthy or is that worrisome? :)
I think the little one was sleepy after eating dinner.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Will Peaches and Turbo recognize the babies as their own since they are being hand fed and away from the nest?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
so sweet! how many eggs in a typical clutch? I only have 5 fakes if i ever (hope never) need to use them. Can I overnight you the eggs if I ever (hope never) have any?
Usually only four, mine actually had 5 this time but one did not hatch. It tried to but didn't make it out of the shell and died it was sad. If I had known I maybe could have helped it.

I don't have an incubator but if you did have eggs we could certainly try and hatch them. I know that you can store them for a few days and then incubate them. It would probably be better to let them hatch and then have someone handfeed the babies. I might be up for a trip to Florida, who could resist some little Chickie and JoJos.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I think its all normal. I actually think I poked him with my nail. I trimmed them since then. The baby with the band #108 is always eager to go back to sleep. I call it Sleepy 108. It sounds like a low key radio station, lol!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Will Peaches and Turbo recognize the babies as their own since they are being hand fed and away from the nest?
I am not sure, I showed them the babies and they just stared.

Peaches actually laid another egg today. It would not be unusual for them to have another clutch but this is a little soon. They were preparing to lay again before the babies were out of the nest. I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce the babes to them when they have another nest going.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That was so cute. Its amazing how different they look from their parents :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Most of the incubators online seem very affordable! Do you have a specific one in mind?

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Most of the incubators online seem very affordable! Do you have a specific one in mind?
I actually have not ever looked in to it. I am relying on the parents to incubate the eggs. I would recommend letting Chickie take care of the eggs and then just pulling the babies to handfeed them.

Years ago, I bought a bunch of parrotlet pairs from a breeder about an hour from here and they wanted me to move the birds while they had eggs. I thought it was too risky so I had them keep them until the babies hatched then I went and got the babies to handfeed. I also got the parents but I like for the parent to hatch the eggs. I have also not had experience with feeding Day 1 babies but I am sure it will happen one day so I try to be prepared.

I have a Brinsea brooder that works well so I would probably look at their incubators if I was going to get one.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I actually have not ever looked in to it. I am relying on the parents to incubate the eggs. I would recommend letting Chickie take care of the eggs and then just pulling the babies to handfeed them.

Years ago, I bought a bunch of parrotlet pairs from a breeder about an hour from here and they wanted me to move the birds while they had eggs. I thought it was too risky so I had them keep them until the babies hatched then I went and got the babies to handfeed. I also got the parents but I like for the parent to hatch the eggs. I have also not had experience with feeding Day 1 babies but I am sure it will happen one day so I try to be prepared.

I have a Brinsea brooder that works well so I would probably look at their incubators if I was going to get one.

Thanks! I can't handfeed unfortunately, I need my sleep so I was planning to overnight them one at a time to the breeder who has the setup and routine.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Ah, I see. Hopefully, it never happens but if it does, let me know. Maybe I will be set up for that by then. I prefer to let the parents do as much of the work a possible but it is good to be prepared just in case.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I told you he was going to escape...

Maverick got out of the baby bin today.

20170703_115528.jpg
When I put him back he climbed up on everybirdie else!

20170703_115614.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Oli thinks Maverick is hilarious!