• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Peach faced Love bird family

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
I got one from the pet store lady and will get some more as well.. I used the big one then finally found you can suck the formula up in the syringe, making it easier.. so I check the temperature .. in big syringe then put by sucking up in small one.. I will get some more. the big one wore out

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
that's Alex who's in the profile .. the lady I bought it from put her in a cage so Roxana was beside Alex.. for a few weeks like two. Then put them together so that is somewhat like a quarantine I think.. She is so pretty too.. more green and blue. A few of the babies are coming out some what bluish I think.. a bit early to tell. I have changed their bedding. I think I have a video of it .. So we will see.. should be one bluey one. Jacob is a peach faced one. with the green,.. and the mom has the blue feathers underneath

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
that's Alex who's in the profile .. the lady I bought it from put her in a cage so Roxana was beside Alex.. for a few weeks like two. Then put them together so that is somewhat like a quarantine I think..
To quarantine a new bird would be to put its cage in a room far away from where your other birds are, preferably with no vents/air flow to te rest of the house.
They should really be quarantined for 4-6 weeks. I have seen some people quarantine for 8 weeks too.
Obviously it´s too late now, but just so that you know.
I think there may be a thread here about it.

Yes, I squash the syringe (so they look like the photo) then suck up the formula. and repeat.

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
I will remember that for next time .. but she said that I should have Roxana's cage near Alex's so they get used to each other. So should I do the quarantine then put the cage nearby?

Also the last baby bird was hatched on January the 12th, so should I count from then to figure out a day to start to hand feed?

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea, quarantine, and when that time is up, put the cages together.

If your last hatched much after the rest then yes. Mine all hatched between 20 and 22 dec so i counted from the youngest. I did 22 days but only because i had problems, otherwise I would have left them a few more days. My last clutch were 24 days old.
Leave your little one til 5 or 6 Feb unless theres a problem.
If the parents are doing well and everything is ok you can leave the chicks til 4 weeks old.

Are you keeping any of these chicks or are you giving them away/selling them?

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
Okay I will..do that.. I hope they stay okay until then,.. my husband has a surgery on Feb 7th.. so will wait until after that.. perhaps
So all your little ones are tame? That's what I want, tame.

I am giving one away.. and the others keeping for now. I sold 2 to the pet store but when I went there.. she had not sold them so I bought them back at some expense. The birds had no toys and were ragged (possibly biting on each other) and she only gave them seeds so I paid more to get them back! But I couldn't bear it. I had to have them back. I tried them on many foods looking each one up beforehand but mostly they like Kale, spinach, collards, cabbage (red and green) cucumbers.. plus pellets and seeds. They use the water to eat so water gets dirty so I change it quite frequently. They have toys and the ones I got back are happier.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope everything goes well for your husband!
Yes, all of my birds are tame except Aldora, the mother hen. I bought Jaime when he was 30 something days old. He already had his feathers open.
Sounds like a crappy pet store... Is that the same place that gave you the bad advice?
Can you tell all of your birds apart?

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
yes.. same pet store but I can't get too mad at her because I guess there's no one else.. When we move will have more selection. That will be in a few months so will have to know how to pack them so they can travel..

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
yes.. same pet store but I can't get too mad at her because I guess there's no one else.. When we move will have more selection. That will be in a few months so will have to know how to pack them so they can travel..
Firstly, I wouldn´t let them breed again ´til you move. That way you will be moving with grown birds only.

Maybe you could start a new thread here and ask others how they moved homes with their flocks. Let people know how far you are travelling.

JenBirds

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
okay .. yes these parent birds will be separated !! I will sell some of the birds eventually, but need good homes, only. There was one person told me to start a new thread awhile ago.. So I guess I should do it.. thanks for all your help