• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Peace and Happy are gone....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry.

I just don't have words to say. :sad1:

Peace and Happy...I am so very sorry...you are now free from us stupid, stupid humans...forever safe.

Wings Forever Proudly High, Peace and Happy...

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so very sorry. I hope that whatever happened, Peace and Happy's deaths were without pain or fear. Poor birds, they deserved better.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Nick and I have cried so many tears in last month. There will come the day when karma goes to whoever mail that to Nick. I can only hope that it's dinosaur bites in the butt. Not little dinosaurs either T~REX bites. He hasn't heard a thing from postmaster general.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I don't think this is necessarily any better, but could the chips have been removed and the birds might still be alive? Like they could have been stolen, taken to an unscrupulous vet who could detect and remove the chips so the birds could be resold? It would be sad if they could have fallen into the hands of people like that, but then there's also a chance they could be sold to someone who will love them again. Someone who doesn't know how they were really acquired and will give them a good forever home.

Last edited:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't think this is necessarily any better, but could the chips have been removed and the birds might still be alive? Like either they could have been stolen, taken to an unscrupulous vet who could detect and remove the chips so the birds could be resold? It would be sad if they could have fallen into the hands of people like that, but then there's also a chance they could be sold to someone who will love them again. Someone who doesn't know how they were really acquired and will give them a good forever home.

I would love this to be the case. It is a ray of hope for sure... ❤

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I know that policy at the clinic that I volunteered at, if there was a bird that was rehomed that had chip. The chip was cleared and new owners name, and info was on before that bird left. And when Peace and Happy were supposedly for sale from MI, the person who had them found Nick`s phone number after a scan. And you can changed a chips info via internet from your computer or phone. You don't have to be vet to change the info one site.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm still shocked over this. I hope somehow the person responsible is caught. I just can't comprehend why anyone would do something like that.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I don't get it either, Nicky is such great kid that works his butt off to take care of himself, his birds, his kid sister and paying his deceased mother's bills. He is so good with animals from avian to large animals. The clinic he works at now the avian are chicken, ducks, turkeys etc etc. It's more a farm work clinic, with some dogs and cats.
He doesn't deserve this in any way shape or form. He wanted to become a vet, but has put that on the back burner for now.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I don't get it either, Nicky is such great kid that works his butt off to take care of himself, his birds, his kid sister and paying his deceased mother's bills. He is so good with animals from avian to large animals. The clinic he works at now the avian are chicken, ducks, turkeys etc etc. It's more a farm work clinic, with some dogs and cats.
He doesn't deserve this in any way shape or form. He wanted to become a vet, but has put that on the back burner for now.
Off subject, and I don't know the specifics, but typically family members aren't responsible for a deceased member's bills (although a lot of credit card companies will try to convince you otherwise). Just mentioning to make sure he's looked into whether or not he's responsible for whatever it is he's paying.

SunUp

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry about Peace and Happy. :sad1: Though I don't think I've commented previously, I've followed their story from the beginning. Be kind to yourself...you did all you could. :hug5:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry...

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am late to this thread. How absolutely scary and horrifying. I really hope the police investigation leads to something.

I am so very sorry Peace and Happy.