• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pbfd photos

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I read this thread before I joined, but registered today so I could message you privately (unfortunately I can't figure out how to do that) :(
So if 20 is what you need, I'd suggest you go to the welcome thread....post there....you can respond to everyone that welcomes you....if you're nervous about posting....go to game section and post in various threads there....

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Beautiful bird.

I used to help clean at a cat shelter. One of the cats that roamed the office looked like he was about a hundred years old. He WAS old, and had a metabolic issue that left him almost skeletally thin, and a non contaigeous skin condition that required a greasy medication. The full-time volunteers who handled adoptions said that any ugly comments about the cat were grounds for refusing a potential adoption - a litmus test of sorts.

I remember a video about a guy doing rescue out of his home somewhere in IIRC, Oregon or Washington state. In one scene he is draping a colourful little cape of fleece *feathers* around the shoulders of a tiny plucked 'too (?). Do they get cold? Have since seen many videos with adopted birds that may never regrow their feathers. It took some getting used to, now, I hardly notice. They are still birds.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
The disease cannot hide his brightness, intelligence and sweet personality! He was blessed to have you as his mommy.

MeinRabe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kay
Beautiful bird.

I used to help clean at a cat shelter. One of the cats that roamed the office looked like he was about a hundred years old. He WAS old, and had a metabolic issue that left him almost skeletally thin, and a non contaigeous skin condition that required a greasy medication. The full-time volunteers who handled adoptions said that any ugly comments about the cat were grounds for refusing a potential adoption - a litmus test of sorts.

I remember a video about a guy doing rescue out of his home somewhere in IIRC, Oregon or Washington state. In one scene he is draping a colourful little cape of fleece *feathers* around the shoulders of a tiny plucked 'too (?). Do they get cold? Have since seen many videos with adopted birds that may never regrow their feathers. It took some getting used to, now, I hardly notice. They are still birds.
Obi would get cold. I maintained my house at a certain temperature. In winter I would use a space heater to make sure he was comfortable. He also had a heat lamp. I could not get him to accept a cage side heat pad.

When he lost his feathers I could barely look at him. I have no photos of his transitional feather loss because it was so difficult to care for him. I was heartbroken. But as time went on I found him to be the cutest bird in the world. It's been weird seeing feathered birds lately, because I have avoided them for so long.