• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pavitr update and what are those CUTE sounds

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
He is really coming along well. He is still a frightened baby and you can see the internal struggle. He really does want to be with me and is beginning to be more trusting. He will step up on to my hand from the perch rather than flying away pretty consistently but still leaves if I offer a treat.

He has taken to climbing my arm to sit on my shoulder for short intervals and tonight almost preened my hair.

Ofc I’m away again this weekend. My son comes and stays with him for me and Pavi does pretty well with him.

He has started to make the cutest noises. As I have zero IRN experience, I have no idea what his various sounds mean. I only know they are adorable!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It sounds like you are making good progress.

Feathered up

Real Name
Jamie
It sounds like you are making good progress.
I feel like he is.

I can’t say that my larger conures have ever made “cute” sounds. Lol. Funny, yes but not “sweet” sounds. The lovies have their cute sleepy sounds but I hope the fact that he’s doing those cute little coos means he’s relaxing.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sounds like you and Pavi are coming along...kudos to you both!

Make sure he sees you "eating" the treat before you offer it to him...if the flock eats it, it must be good...;)

Feathered up

Real Name
Jamie
Sounds like you and Pavi are coming along...kudos to you both!

Make sure he sees you "eating" the treat before you offer it to him...if the flock eats it, it must be good...;)
Oh yes! We are expected to eat bird food. Lol. Thankfully he’s a curious little booger and will at least try anything I put in front of him. This morning he didn’t even side step when I filled his dish before I left. THAT was a huge deal for me.

He’s trying very hard. He is one of those birds that it’s not too hard to be patient with because he gives you a little something every day so he hasn’t been frustrating in the least. We all wish they would come to us ready to cuddle but when they don’t, it’s great to have one like Pavi. I honestly find that those you have to win over a little form the strongest bonds.