• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrots unlimited breeder

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
That’s good news. After much sleuthing on my own I had a feeling this other person in the partnership might have had more control and was the problem as Brandon was younger then. He seemed to really care about his birds and had very sensible advice on topics and questions I brought up to him. All the reviews were positive mentioning his name . I’m glad he’s on his own now and hopefully can build back his reputation with good breeding and care of his birds. I asked if my bird could step up he said absolutely and he also said he keys them fledge and it’s up to me if I want a slight trim so he won’t fly away when I get him. He lets me choose, I like that they can fledge. He also says he feeds them veggies and fruits later and pellets too and of course seeds. They also have access to toys. I’ll add the photos when he sends them and when I get my Bisou I’ll let you know how he, or she is.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I spoke with my breeder. He said Brandon is a real person but shady. Apparently he “borrows” other people’s credentials and stuff to claim as his own. For me honesty is the foremost thing I look for in a breeder. You have to be able to trust what they say and what they show you. So while I would never work with someone like that, I hope things work out for you. I would also not pay him the rest of the price until you have the bird in hand. :)

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
It’s all really concerning for me. I just hope my Bisou is ok Am I allowed to pay after I get him? I think he won’t send him if I don’t pay before he send him.

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
If I was a seller I definitely wouldn't send before payment was received! They can't make you pay after you get the bird so it would be a huge risk for them. You however can pay with a credit card or PayPal and dispute the amount if goods aren't received.

I do not get the impression that you won't be getting a bird out of this deal.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I agree, I will put it in on my credit card. I also think I’ll be getting my birdie, I just just hope it’s well adjusted and well taKen care of.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Even bad breeders can produce good birds :) I don't think he's truly bad, I think that this is a case of here say mixed with people filling in the blanks.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I think you’re right. We just don’t know enough. I just havecyo pray he’s in the up and up and is a good and responsible breeder . On the phone he sounded that way. I’ll let everyone know how it all turns out. Sadly now it feels more like a gamble. I just had no idea when I decided to buy my bird from him what u may have been getting into.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I also think you will get your bird. Just in case there is an issue your cc will be your best protection. Do remind him to send you updated photos and/or videos.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I paid the initial deposit with my CC. I wonder if it’s 3 months down the line and for any reason he doesn’t send the bird if its very sick if they ( my CC) would help me? On the contract I signed he does not return a deposit or purchase for any reason. I’m still waiting for the photo or video. He said the next day or two

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
If you are having the bird shipped then I would pay through PayPal using your credit card. That way if the bird is not what you bargained for, you can get immediate resolution with PayPal. They would take care of recovering the money if he refused to refund it on his own.

If you just pay on your credit card, you have no way to dispute as it wasn’t a fraudulent charge nor did you disputed the first charge.

If you are picking the bird up then no, there is no reason to pay for the bird until you pick it up. No breeder I have dealt with requires you to pay in full before picking up. They just require prior to you leaving with the bird.

The person I asked about Parrots Unlimited has been breeding birds in San Diego for over 30 years. I’m reporting exactly what I was told and exactly what happened regarding Brandon and the credentials. I have absolutely no stake in this so I’m only presenting the information that I was given and what I would choose to do if presented with a similar situation.

I would request a current photo again and see what the hold up is.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
9B68D880-6D33-497D-ABC5-BF16D2B11020.jpeg 40ABB592-62CF-41FD-AA36-6D91A18EB122.jpeg The photos came in today. Bisou is so cute! He sent a video with Bisou’s name so I know its Real. All is good 48C4D825-A59E-41EF-9D0B-0D2F39A1835D.jpeg DC630616-C080-425E-AFCB-42F14DA77893.png
I couldn’t attach the video for some reason

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute. Can you post the video? It's too bad that you can't drive down to San Diego and pick Bisou up or is that a possibility?

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
The video with his name shows Bisou also in his little container with the note on it all in same video. I’m going to save that, it’s special!i wish I could post it, I can’t attach it, but it’s really cute.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I wish I could . I live up in Oregon , it’s just too far.
The it says when I try to uploaded the file , “file does not have allowed extension”. I’m not sure what that means?

Last edited:

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
Bisou exactly 1 month old.

Last edited:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hi Christina, that's a cute baby. It definitely looks to be more than a month old. I have nothing really to add to the discussion of it is legit or not. There are many many things that a breeder could do that are not honest. I totally don't approve. However, it's still possible to get a good bird out of it just make sure you pay with a credit card, you should be protected. If you don't get the bird you can get your money back from the credit card company. I hope it all works out for you.

Many "breeders" are actually brookers and do not hatch babies, they buy babies and hand feed them and sell them. Obviously, it is very wrong to lie to people about where the birds come from but you could still get a great baby :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That is an adorable baby dinosaur :p

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bisou is VERY cute! Good that he sent you more photos and the video.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Towards the end you can see 30 day old chick to compare :) I think it looks about right but I'm not an expert (or even an amateur lol)