• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlets?

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you guys for the info! Jen, what makes you say no with budgies? I understand they aren’t the same species but I would like if they could spend some time together. GracefulWolf.. I love that you say they are cuddly! I wish my birds were more hands-on.

No one told parrotlets they are the tiniest of all parrots. They can have huge attitudes and egos, they will have no issue starting a fight with your budgies if decide your budgie needs to move.

The little ones I worked with chased my bare eye cockatoo.... never exoected it, so was very careful after that. Never let them have another chance to pick a fight.

You might find a parrotlet who doesn't mind a budgie on their playstand, just be prepared to have separate areas.

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
No one told parrotlets they are the tiniest of all parrots. They can have huge attitudes and egos, they will have no issue starting a fight with your budgies if decide your budgie needs to move.

The little ones I worked with chased my bare eye cockatoo.... never exoected it, so was very careful after that. Never let them have another chance to pick a fight.

You might find a parrotlet who doesn't mind a budgie on their playstand, just be prepared to have separate areas.
Thanks. I have been reading they don't know how little they are. I will definitely make sure to be careful and have a separate cage ready.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I tried to be a parrotlet owner. It didn’t go well. Lol. My two handfed babies hated me and hated my other birds (even the sound of one of my other birds sent the male into a frenzy). And they bite hard! I’d take a big beak over one of those tiny sharks any day. Lol. Luckily they went to a great home and I learned I am not a small bird person. Nobody was happy when they were here. They are adorable. Tiny little bodies of strong personalities, that’s for sure!

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
I tried to be a parrotlet owner. It didn’t go well. Lol. My two handfed babies hated me and hated my other birds (even the sound of one of my other birds sent the male into a frenzy). And they bite hard! I’d take a big beak over one of those tiny sharks any day. Lol. Luckily they went to a great home and I learned I am not a small bird person. Nobody was happy when they were here. They are adorable. Tiny little bodies of strong personalities, that’s for sure!
I have been thinking and I feel like a strong personality would suit this home! BeeBop is crazy/energetic and I love him. :D