• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrotlet stubborn pinfeathers on head.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
So my parrotlet thelma has a little molt going on a few pin feathers on her head is bothering her, she had her sister, Louise, that took care of those but not anymore becuase she got eunathized at the vets three weeks ago cuase of a toumor, still devastaded. But how can i take care of those or should they just go away of their own, becuase its bothering her?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Give her a good misting (if she likes baths) and they'll soften up. From there, you can just give some scritches and those feather sheaths should more or less disintegrate.

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
The problem is that she HATES hands, idk why ,she trusts me and all but she do not like me touching her and i dont want to cross her boundries. She is a little spicy bird

Suzzi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Josefin
But yes i can shower her more! Thx!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Offering more bathing opportunities and having some natural textured branches can help. Bathing softens the keratin to make it easier to peel away. And the branches can be used to self preen by rubbing against them.