• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Parrotlet is sick please help

livlowe

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alivea L
My parrotlet has a huge bald spot on her butt and has poopy caked to her bottom ☹☹ I didn’t notice it until today but it definitely hasn’t been there long. I have no idea what could be wrong! Maybe an infection? Please someone help. Excuse the pictures I know they’re a little gross but I need help.

Attachments

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
My parrotlet has a huge bald spot on her butt and has poopy caked to her bottom ☹☹ I didn’t notice it until today but it definitely hasn’t been there long. I have no idea what could be wrong! Maybe an infection? Please someone help. Excuse the pictures I know they’re a little gross but I need help.
I would take her to an avian vet...she shouldn't have poop stuck to her vent, that isn't a good sign, please make an appointment with the nearest avian vet. I hope everything works out :(

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
@Mizzely @Zara :bump4:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Avian vet. This is an emergency and needs treatment promptly. It is very serious.

livlowe

Real Name
Alivea L
I would take her to an avian vet...she shouldn't have poop stuck to her vent, that isn't a good sign, please make an appointment with the nearest avian vet. I hope everything works out :(
Not only can I not afford a vet bill but the closest avian vet is 3 hours away

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Is your bird female?

I firmly believe you’re going to need a vet. My vet is just under 3 hrs away- when you need a vet the distance is just something you have to deal with unfortunately

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie

I am very sorry to hear that you can't afford the care. However this is a very serious condition, which can be fatal. You really need a vet. I can't diagnosis this as I am not a licensed vet. Her symptoms look a lot like egg binding and she needs medical care. It really isn't a suggestion, as without care she could pass away.

I am sorry this is hard to read. I know you are scared for your little bird, whom you love. It is just the reality she needs care.

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
don't worry about money straight away, go the nearest emergency avian vet. your bird will die if not treated...

livlowe

Real Name
Alivea L
Is your bird female?

I firmly believe you’re going to need a vet. My vet is just under 3 hrs away- when you need a vet the distance is just something you have to deal with unfortunately
yes she is female

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I agree it looks a lot like egg binding, it's fatal. I'm sorry to say the only treatment you can receive is from an avian vet.

I'm so sorry, I hope she recovers!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Agree it looks like possible egg butt/binding :(

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Could you look into options like care credit maybe? If it is egg binding, it’s extremely painful and can only be treated at the vets. Here’s a little info on it... 50578588-53EA-4070-98BE-81A21D11F4AE.jpeg