• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Videography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polytelismedia

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Don Kimball
Does anyone here enjoy videoing their parrots or parrots in the wild for that matter? It would be fun to discuss equipment and methods. Here is a clip I completed on Cockatiels: I would love to hear from other filmers.

YouTube - Cockatiel

Cheers!

Don

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I dont have access to such wonderful equipment but I can tell you how much I love your pictures and videos..just breathtaking.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I am an avid "amateur" videographer. I started out doing some wedding videos for friends/family. That got old pretty quick. I've videoed my own birds to death. After a while it's hard to catch them doing something different.

I don't have the luxury of filming wild parrots here in the great white north bit I have done some of some of the wild birds for my own pleasure.

It's been a while since I've done any serious filming. Life has a way of getting in the way.

I've had a number of Sony handi-cams over the years. The ones that still had features they've stripped out of the cameras nowadays like night vision, FireWire connections and external mic jacks.

Filmed in DV (720x480) to tape. Pulled into the computer with FireWire. Edited with premiere pro or media studio pro.

Then everything went Hi Def. Haven't made that jump yet. You need a pretty boss computer to edit in hi def especially when rendering.

My little pocket digital camera (canon SD780is) takes hi def video and better quality than my video cameras that cost 5 times as much. Even the iPhone 4 takes pretty good HD video.

Status
Not open for further replies.