• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Parrot Training Workshop with Barbara Heidenreich

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
A week after I saw Lara Joseph, I traveled back down to the Bay Area to see Barbara Heidenreich. This time, I stayed in Antioch the previous night (and following night) before traveling to the workshop in Clayton. Still about a 3 1/2 - 4 hr drive from where I live! I arrived earlyish since they had a continental breakfast.

Weather was cloudy in the morning, and come lunch time, it was blindingly bright out!

Rodies is a pretty nice all around pet store that also sells birds. They had a small variety of birds to choose from for sale, too!

And of course the walls of bird toys and other bird related items! :dancing:

Barbara had a great presentation as well as live demos!

The caique was totally into the wall of toys! :lol:

Lunch was fantastic! BBQ tri-tip and chicken, fruit kabobs, potato salad, baked beans, rolls, cookies, brownies, Caesar salad. I was in heaven! :hehe: I don't get bbq'd anything, let alone a great tri-tip roast as great as that very often, so lunch was simply superb!

Rodies also had some cute parrot related items for sale! :heart:

Plus a hand made quilt was brought in for an AFA Raffle. It was gorgeous!

And lets not forget the videos! Seeing training done in person is so much easier to understand and comprehend than reading about it!

And here's a little something that most people don't get to see every day! :cool:

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
Looks like a good day

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
so jealous!
and yes, i bet seeing is soo much better than reading about it

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I am so bummed I missed both of those clinics! I was really wanting to go but we had company in town and I had to help a friend move. So glad you got videos to share, though. Thanks for posting them. Maybe we will get to meet at a Bay Area bird event sometime :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I was hoping I might have seen someone that I recognized.

I did get to meet two people I knew before at the Lara Joseph event, which I had previously met at a Mickaboo adoption event last year, also in the Bay area! Although I had known one of them for 8 years?

Not sure when I'll get a chance to travel back down that way, but it would be great to meet some familiar faces!