• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot summer camp / Boarding needed in Seattle

Whidbey Moose

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Mark
I have a crisis and need to board my Macaw for a month or 2. I really don't want to check him in at the birds store for that long.

What would be nice is if there were an experienced trainer who could take him in and teach tricks, etc. as an enriching summer vacation (paid of course). He is friendly and alread touch/clicker trained, and will do anything for a cashew.

Is there anything like this.

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
I would check with a nearby rescue... the rescue near me does boarding and it's a wonderfully stimulating and enriching environment for the birds that are there as the rescue gives them tons of new foraging toys and such :)

One day I'd love to open something like this!

Whidbey Moose

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Mark
Actually, I was in the legal process of setting up a macaw rescue & sanctuary when I got layed off 3 years ago. Now I find myself unable to keep my companion bird.. Sigh.

Domothebudgie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Have You tried pampered parrot? I've never tried them personally but their reviews on yelp seem pretty good.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Try Northwest Parrots on FB. Tons of people in the Seattle area can board your baby or even foster.