• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot safe blow dryer?

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
So, I was wondering if my hairdryer is Teflon free? I haven't been able to find out yet so I just don't use it around him..

1542746459250282520668.jpg 15427465166531739044783.jpg

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'd contact the manufacturer and use model number (152NX) on the back because there have been many variations of the 1875.

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
I actually recently contacted Conair about their hair straighteners asking the same question! This was their response:

"Dear Consumer,

Per our engineer, we do not have any appliances that use PTFE or Teflon. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
Consumer Correspondent"

I also asked the same thing in regards to their curling irons as well and received the same response. I would recommend contacting them just in case listing the specific model you have. I'm not sure if that applies to the older models? It took them 2-3 days to get back to me. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Generally The cheap hairdryers seem to be safer. It’s usually the higher end models that use things like Teflon but always make sure of course

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
Generally The cheap hairdryers seem to be safer. It’s usually the higher end models that use things like Teflon but always make sure of course
to me it makes no sense to put Teflon in a hairdryer