• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot fever ?

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
@Rain Bow :grouphug3:thank you for your post. Its been a very trying and emotional time, but I am feeling more positive now that Kitt showing signs of improvement.

He just needs to carry on fighting.

Thanks to you and everyone for you positive thoughts and prayers, it really means the world to us.

I will update as soon as I hear from Vet. Should be in another 3 hours time.
:fairy::fairy:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that the test for psittacosis was negative. Hope that Kitt starts showing more interest in food, eats more and starts gaining weight.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@Dragon Lady - Have they found anything that explains the problem? They have to had run regular tests.

Something is going on. He can’t just continuously lose weight for no reason.

I am sorry to hear he lost more weight. Is he still active and trying to eat?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Dragon Lady - Have they found anything that explains the problem? They have to had run regular tests.

Something is going on. He can’t just continuously lose weight for no reason.

I am sorry to hear he lost more weight. Is he still active and trying to eat?
Agreed! Thanks for being my secretary!

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
The only thing left is Three or four rare viral infections.

I am busy researching on viral infections and parrots.

I just dont know hey!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that he has lost more weight. It's good that he is eating and active. I assume they are still tube feeding him.
I would ask again if you can visit him. I think it would be a good thing, IMHO.
Have they considered Avian Bornavirus/PDD? There is a test for that but it isn't always accurate. There can be false negatives and false positives.

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
@iamwhoiam yes he is being crop fed three times per day.

The vet did mention 'Avian Bornavirus' to me this morning, however he says that none of Kitt symptoms have manifested in a neurological manner so he is doubtful.

I did ask yesterday about visiting, and he said as soon as he thinks it ok, he will let me know.

I am so worried that the next time I see my baby, it will be the last time to :( !!!

Anyway trying to stay positive, hopefully better news this afternoon.

Kodigirl210

@Dragon Lady - I rather think that’s the point. Why aren’t they looking harder? It’s so frustrating that they haven’t come up with anything. Is it possible to get the printed results of all the tests they have run and post them? Maybe one of the more experienced members might see something. But only if you can and are okay with it. :/

Kodigirl210

Good. I’m hoping someone also sees something that may be of help. We all want Kitt to make it and the more eyes on it maybe the more chance for a solution. We’ll be looking forward to the medicals and continued positive updates. :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes there are no neurological symptoms and just bird losing weight and digestive issues. PDD was originally called macaw wasting syndrome.