• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot fever ?

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I took in 3 Eclectus Parrots with Psittacosis from our shelter one year. Vet gave us meds and they turned around and all made it. I never caught it neither did our flock. Though we were very strict with quarantine. Hope your bird turns around.

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,

Thank u for all your messages and support. We really appreciate it.

Dr called now. Kitt is still loosing weight. He is now on 313 . Kitt still getting crop feed, fluids and meds.

Still no visitors. To keep Kitt as rested as possible.

So we are still in the woods.

I will update again this afternoon after his call.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So sorry. Hopefully he will turn around very soon.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
Hopefully the most important thing is that Kitt is keeping his medicine down so it has a chance to work.
And I am willing Kitt to turn it around. He needs to live a long happy life with you.
Still very angry at the shop-they must have known and said nothing. Would they give you any information at all about where he came from or if he was returned or anything? Maybe knowing his origin would help the doctor. Idk just trying to think of something you know?

Anyway-Chin up. Faith sometimes is the strongest medicine. I refuse to believe that Kitt won’t make it.

Best wishes :)

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
@Kodigirl210 I am huntinf down the breeder, but everyone is sticking the head in the sand. Once bloods r back(hopefully tomorrow morning) I cam start making a massive scene with health department.

Its so not fair on Kitt to go through all this. Makes me very angry and extremely sad.

I am hoping for a turn around soon. My poor little baby

Kodigirl210

Yes do. They certainly deserved to be dragged through the mud. Bstrds. It is ever not so fair that Kitt is dealing with this. I too hope Kitt starts showing improvement.
Wishing you all the best!

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I wish they'd let you visit though. Love might help him fight.

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
@Clueless me to, but I trust the dr advice, as he said he wants kitt to get as much rest as possible. All his energy into healing. So I wait sitting on egg shells for good news.

My little boy has boxing gloves on, he just needs to keep on punching away, and get better now

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
Hi Everyone,

Some positive news!!!! YUPPIE!!!

Kitt is eating a little on his own and is a bit more responsive. He only lost 2g yesterday so compared the the previous 30g a day, it a good sign.

We still waiting on the lab for blood test results gggrrrrrrrrr!!!! , that will just confirm what he has, he is already on a range of treatments to cover all the bases.

It a catch up game for his body and treatment.

Holding thumbs this will be the turn around that we need.

I will update again as soon as i have more info.

Have a great day everyone :fairy2::fairy2:

Kodigirl210

So wonderful to hear. Hopefully lab results by tomorrow so you can give some of those people whatfor that deserve it!

Hope all is on the upswing from here on out!

Best wishes! :laughing12::dance4::laughing12:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:yes4: .:gbh:

Sending big healing thoughts to Kitt!

A little get well :smileflower: may help brighten both your days!.

:bighug: Rain

Dragon Lady

Meeting neighbors
Update received now. Kitt is a little more active and eating a bit more.

Unfortunately still loosing weight, he is now on 308g

The Dr is going to add meds to cover heavy metals, even though nothing showed up in x-ray. Covering another base.

The blood came back negative for psittacosis

So now we are still in the dark. Kitt will be there for the week end. At least I know he is in good hands.

I will update as i get more info.

Have a good day everyone

Kodigirl210

Sorry to hear that Kitt is still losing weight. I was hoping now that he was picking up that he would start gaining some of his weight back.

It is still a good sign that he is active & eating a bit more on his own. It’s just frustrating no one can figure out what’s wrong with him. Regardless i hope one of the treatments does its job.

Me & my fids will continue to pray for a swift recovery & hope that it gets answered.

Best wishes that Kitt comes home soon healthier than ever. :angel1::goodluck::greet1:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Saying a prayer for Kitt.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saying a prayer for Kitt.
Prayer chain now!

@Dragon Lady
How are you holding up? I'd be going outta my mind! Great big :yes4: to no PF, I just wish the vet could get to the source! Is there anything I can to do help?

:sadhug: Rain