• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Fest in Houston Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

singermanlynne

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lynne Singerman
Parrot Festival presented Jan. 20-21-22 by:

Parrot Fest logo.png
NPRPF National Parrot Rescue and Preservation Foundation

A companion parrot is a surprising, delightful, and challenging pet.

The Parrot Festival is a weekend event dedicated to explaining the surprises, increasing the delight and understanding the challenges. This yearly event is created entirely by volunteers (NPRPH) to raise funds to support parrot rescue and to benefit the birds and the bird owning communities. The NPRPH offered this unique educational experience to over 300 attendees who traveled from Arizona, Australia, Canada, California, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, New York and the Woodlands. The schedule was a well-organized balance of lectures, shopping, mingling with fellow bird lovers and more shopping. The 38 vender booths (no birds were sold or on display) added to the fun with their unique parrot toys, foods and parrot enrichment assortment. I was a BIG supporter of the venders and each day I came home with a bag of treats, toys and foods for my pets to sample and critic.
To register or for more information info@parrotfestival.com 713-557 BIRD (2473) Location -Doubletree Hotel at 15747 John F. Kennedy Blvd. Houston, TX 77032 January 20 – 21 – 22 , 2012 - Lectures begin 8:00 each day and shopping at 10:00

The 14 lecture topics presented by the 10 well known speakers covered areas of interest to an audience of beginning bird owners, bird hobbyist, and breeders.
I can honestly tell you I cannot imagine a more fun, educational and stimulating way to spend a chilly January weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.